Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

President of the U.S. and the Democrats

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

President of the U.S. and the Democrats

Post by Whitty Whit on 13th August 2010, 5:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

Who else besides me thinks president Obama isn't eligible to preside over this country? The stuff he does and the bills he proposes are just stupid. And the democrats, they are liars! The stuff they pass in the Senate and the House. It is insane! Mad

Last edited by Whitty Whit on 20th August 2010, 10:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Whitty Whit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: President of the U.S. and the Democrats

Post by CookieMonster on 5th March 2011, 1:30 pm

Oh I def don't agree with his actions. They're bad bad actions. And thats why we Followers of Christ no matter what denomination need to be on our knees. Begging God for the souls and actions of our leaders.

Green
CookieMonster
I am a
I am a

View user profile http://lionsroar.forumotion.cc/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by blu_fireweed on 1st June 2011, 2:00 am

I agree that Obama is the president, and we need to respect him for that, but I wanna know what you guys think of this idea...it may be old hat to y'all, but I'm curious. The constitution starts with "We the people..." right? As such doesn't that make the president responsible to the people. I agree, as was pointed out earlier, that the Bible says to render to Cesar that which is his, but isn't the point of a republic that the power is supposed to be in the hands of the people, not in the hands of one man on the the top of the pyramid. I guess I'm just wondering if it's merely Obama's failure (don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of him), or the failure of the entire country to allow a value system in itself that allows a man with Obama's values to be voted in as the leader of the country and with that one of the most powerful figures in the world? (ie...he's the symptom of a deeper problem)

Last edited by blu_fireweed on 1st June 2011, 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I thought of one ore thing to add 2 seconds after I posted it the first time)
blu_fireweed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LJ Gibbs on 5th June 2011, 7:41 pm

That one I believe just falls onto us as a people need to band together and simply tell our leaders exactly what we want. That hasn't been done in a while but if you look at our countries history anytime that happened there was change...

Just in my opinion... Anxious

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.

1 Corinthians 13:11
LJ Gibbs

View user profile http://wasthewestreallywon.weebly.com/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerLOTR on 31st July 2011, 4:22 am

ric wrote:I don't think Obama's the best president. But I totally agree with you Chelsey.

Some 'Democrats' are self centered and egotistical. The same goes for some 'Republicans'. But personally, I think most bad politicians (Democrats and Republicans included) are just mislead. They think they're doing the right thing for the country, but they're not.

At the moment, I'm not sure which category Obama falls into. I'm inclined to believe he thinks he's doing what's best for the country. But, I'm also inclined to believe, he's not doing what's best for the country.
Agreed...both parties currently have a lot of problems and I'm very frustrated that we have a two-party system...we really need more options. I don't believe that all democrats are horrid evildoers and baby-killers, nor that all republicans are war-mongering tax-lovers. I think a lot of leaders, Obama included, do what they think is best, despite it not necessarily being the best. I'm very disappointed that Obama has not brought the "change" he promised and he seems to be focusing on a lot of the smaller issues while not solving the bigger ones. I feel like he just might not KNOW what do to and unfortunately bit off more than he could chew.

I think there is hope for the next election if people wake up and don't vote like robots. Doing a blanket "all-republican" or "all-democrat" vote isn't thinking and won't make progress. look at the people and who will do best--and vote for a 3rd party if you have to. To quote John Adams, "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the
sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." If people started voting for the ones who would do the best job and not just because they get media coverage or because they are of a certain party, we might be in better shape than we are now.

For people of age to vote in the next election, seriously consider Ron Paul. You may not like what he says on the surface because he doesn't always legislate strict morality like the hardcore republicans, but he DOES stand for the principles that built America--freedom from an oppressive government (people not being forced to believe or do certain things), freedom to make decisions on your own and live with the consequences (i.e. people taking responsibility for their own actions and not being able to blame problems on everyone else), and protection of the country and not interfering unreasonably with the policies of other countries (a focus on the concerns of our country because we are not CAPABLE of fixing all the world problems--and we are only making things worse by trying to focus on a million problems rather than the key problems that we CAN fix). These principles served our country well for almost 200 years until we began to get WAY off track...they can serve us again and unite us once more if we give it a chance.

Ok, I'll quit preaching here. silent

SoccerLOTR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum