Most users ever online was 27 on 15th May 2013, 11:59 am
Top posting users this month

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

4th CC Debate

Go down

4th CC Debate

Post by Bren on 27th June 2010, 4:10 pm

This is a simple debate that will follow in this manner. I will pose a question and each candidate must answer it. We will debate on it for 24 hrs if needed and move on to the next question. The only rule is regular members not running can't post. I will post the first and only question we have at this time and you guys can start sending in some others.

How much time do you have to spend on CC? During the summer, and the Fall.

Last edited by Regis on 1st July 2010, 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Spoiler:
Bren
CC Founder
CC Founder

View user profile http://www.campbellcountymb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 4th CC Debate

Post by Marvin DeSanchez on 27th June 2010, 4:14 pm

Oh, during the summer I have time to be on every day for at the very least an hour. Very Happy Fall's the same thing, however, I'll be starting 10th grade which will mean I won't be on as much *perhaps* but I will try to be on every day unless I have no Internet.

Marvin DeSanchez
Annoying Annoyer

View user profile http://theaiofanslife.viviti.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Danielle Alexis Maxwell on 27th June 2010, 5:05 pm

I can be on everyday this summer for probably over an hour, depending on how much HW my two teachers decide I need, and try to be on for some time during the Fall, but I do have three classes then, and two are time-consuming. I also work, so that will put a damper on things when Fall quarter comes around.

I will do my best to be on. I'm always checking up on here and taking a look around, even if I don't post very much.
Danielle Alexis Maxwell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren on 27th June 2010, 5:19 pm

If the candidates want to continue discussion of this topic they can but we do have a few more questions and with only 2 days to debate, I want to cram in all that we can.

How can you make CC a better place?

What makes you better than your opponent? In short, why should I pick you for the co-leader of CC?

Spoiler:
Bren
CC Founder
CC Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Danielle Alexis Maxwell on 27th June 2010, 5:27 pm

1. If you read my platform, I believe this place needs action. To make it better, we need more people, more activity. That isn't all of it though.

This place needs the feel of God. I'm not saying we don't have that already - no. But I think we should encourage ourselves more. We put prayer requests down, and we pray for them, but we haven't done much else on here. We're doing great so far, but the better we can get, the better this place can be. Smile

2. Marvin is wonderful. He's awesome, creative, and would be an AWESOME admin!

But I believe I would be better than my opponent because I have more time to be on here, to bring activity, influence our silent members, and still have fun!

I'm not saying I'm not better than Marvin. I'm human. I sin. I fall short of the glory of God. I'm going to mess up, and I'm going to do stupid things. I have and I will. But I think I can do good for this place. It's got a lot better qualities than the ToO, I'm sure of that. And this place has a place in my heart I know will stay put. It means a lot to me - I'm accepted.

Wouldn't you want to feel accepted?
Danielle Alexis Maxwell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvin DeSanchez on 28th June 2010, 10:09 am

1. O.o That's why I like answering questions first! That way it doesn't seem as though. Wink
As Chelsey said, this place needs more people, and more "movement". I plan to do that, while at the same time not forgetting to keep God in the picture. My parents always made it clear that we have to include God in whatever we do. Smile

2. Personally, I was expecting this question, and I seriously don't think either is better than the other. Smile Both of us have enough time to spend here, and we all know that everyone makes mistakes sooner or later, and I'm glad all the CCers know that.

Marvin DeSanchez
Annoying Annoyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren on 28th June 2010, 1:36 pm

What are your plans for boosting the amunt of active posters?

Spoiler:
Bren
CC Founder
CC Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Danielle Alexis Maxwell on 28th June 2010, 1:50 pm

Haha, you clever individual! I didn't want to spoil all the fun in this term. COME ON!

Okay, so... I was thinking, like what I did with TEP, was to send out letters, and then get on the ToO and post a thread and put a cool looking siggy out about CC, linked to CC. Spread the news around ToO, maybe someone will show up.

In regards to those that may post once a month or something, which we have a few... I may just bug them relentlessly. Okay, no, probably e-mail them...

There are plenty of ways to get this place back up to speed. We'll just have to go with the flow.
Danielle Alexis Maxwell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvin DeSanchez on 28th June 2010, 3:45 pm

Well, I was thinking about having a real life contest where you could talk about it and tell your friends about CC, and make another more active topic on the ToO not like the contest one where people joined and...died away. And when they do fade away (if they do, which I think they might), I'd PM them via the ToO or talk to them to find out why they'd left.

I'd also ask friends of friends who I know to join, so it'd be somewhat like a chain of events of people.

Marvin DeSanchez
Annoying Annoyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum