Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

Chels Rocks the House

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chels Rocks the House

Post by Danielle Alexis Maxwell on 8th June 2010, 10:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

So... I have been an admin before... I have been moderator twice on Regis's forums, and now am moderator on the ToO.

I want to run for admin cause I think this place needs action. We can get on the ToO and blow their minds away and race for this place. Tongue out

I might think up a new board layout (Tongue out), and I want to have a writing contest. I would love to see the creativeness in this group!

Maybe an AIO contest. I can't give away tangible prizes, but I can give away graphics and CC/ToO money. Smile For that and the writing contest. My friend Louisa is an amazing artist. Any graphic you want - on the house.

Oh, and one last idea. I'm a MUSIC nut. A contest that says: How much do you know about music culture?
Of course, I'm probably one in a million that pays attention to everything, so it would be easier for you guys. Like, a sample question:
Who wrote "I Can Only Imagine"?

Yes, most of the questions would deal with Christian music... but I can branch out. Searching would be allowed.

So, why should I be an admin?

*Because I know how to function a board like this
*Because I would have three contests for this boring summer ahead
*Because I can devote at least an hour each day (anyone want to help write speeches for me????? maybe essays???)
*Because I'm cool (maybe)
*Because your music knowledge will skyrocket (You know... youtube quiz!!)
*Because its summer... who wants the love?

I need money!!!! THANKS!

Good luck to my opponents!

EDIT:

I will instate A RANDOM FACT A DAY!!!! I thought of it all by myself, promise.

Example: "Loma Linda, CA is a blue zone because of how long the residents live. Adventists occupy Loma Linda mostly, especially with the University and all."

EDIT 2:

So, I thought up another cool idea. I once, way back like, last school year, had a diary. And in it I would write what I was thankful for that day. I would like to instate that so that in a global announcement in the Timothy Center, people could come and just post what they were thankful for. I realize we probably have a topic like it, but it can be a list and it would mean more to probably a lot of us. I loved writing down what I was thankful for. It made me realize there was good in this world.

EDIT 3:

I have a plan in the works for one month to be a dedication. But at the moment, I won't unveil it completely. But it will mean a lot to probably most of us, hopefully all of us, and it'll stand for something good. Smile So, hold onto your hats, this idea won't be unveiled till after the voting has ended... (okay, so, its incentive. You want to know what it is.... the only way is to have support.)

I know, I'm just a regular ol' politician, ain't I?

EDIT 4:

The above business will be revealed on Sunday. STAY TUNED FOR THAT!

But, my final update on this platform... apart from the above business being revealed.

Who here has a blog? Yes? You? Maybe? Not a blog on here, but any ol' blog. I have one. or a few... haha. But my most used is Tumblr.com. I can follow others and post just about anything, from videos to text to quotes to audio (music and stuff. Tongue out) They have these "challenges". Like, I did this letter challenge. I wrote letters to certain people for certain things. An example:

Day 28: Someone that changed my life wrote:
Dear God:
The only thing I can say is even just: wow. You wanted
me, asked for me, stood by me even when I ignored you and fought against
the rising tide. And then when I cried, you rescued me. Now I’m handing
you my heart, hoping for guidance, knowing you have an answer. And I’ve
handed you my career because you know what you want me to do. Hopefully
all those little tidbits people got about me in Public Speaking will
shine through one day - writing a novel, being a nurse. All for the
glory of You. Smile
Love you.

Write letters. Smile

But for MY challenge for you guys like that wouldn't deal with individuals you know... oh no. More like, writing to Odyssey characters... to Whit, Eugene, Connie, Captain Quinn... to just about ANY AIO character that has been voiced. Tongue out

30 days... or maybe seven days. I'll find a good amount of days and letter ideas to keep you guys entertained. And for incentive, the most creative letter at the end of the day gets a prize.

Smile Thanks for staying tuned. Tongue out Hope you enjoy the term if I get in!

THANKS TO ALL MY FRIENDS!

EDIT 5 or 6???:

LAST EDIT BEFORE VOTING!

*cough*

I said I wanted to make a whole month dedication.

What and Why is that? You ask.

Well, this past school was really hard on me. Why? Because it was one thing after another for my school. First it was the computer Schafer (we have three Schafer's at my school) who fell ill with a stroke and didn't come back to school till January. Then it was the language Schafer's father and his death. And then the Buell's mom died, and we all sort of bonded in my school. There were other instances of death and hurt, and it made a lot of us wish we could do something, anything. Of course, that was prayer. And then a freshman's mom was diagnosed with cancer, and finally just this past week a freshman's dad died, from what I don't know.

I want to dedicate a month to anyone and everyone we've lost. I don't care if they died 2000 years ago (okay, so, Jesus, but He's also alive and well. Tongue out For our sakes and everyone elses). I want to reflect. I want to remember... so that what I choose to do in life reflects those gone and reflects God (but there is a hope we'll see them again). Christ will come again. We've got the greatest hope ever.

Smile Reflect, ponder, remember... and then go out into the world and do what God asks of us, whatever that may be.

Last edited by Chelsey on 27th June 2010, 11:33 pm; edited 7 times in total
Danielle Alexis Maxwell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chels Rocks the House

Post by Danielle Alexis Maxwell on 25th June 2010, 10:03 pm

essentially, yes.

And I can fix it you know... lol.
Danielle Alexis Maxwell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren on 25th June 2010, 10:06 pm

What can I say? When a guy gets bored, he has to do something.

Spoiler:
Bren
CC Founder
CC Founder

View user profile http://www.campbellcountymb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Danielle Alexis Maxwell on 27th June 2010, 11:28 pm

My fellow friends, and comrades... citizens, and NPC's...

I'm now going to tell you my secret dedication.

READ THE PLATFORM! Tongue out GRACIAS!
Danielle Alexis Maxwell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren on 27th June 2010, 11:48 pm

That is a great platform addition.

Spoiler:
Bren
CC Founder
CC Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Danielle Alexis Maxwell on 28th June 2010, 11:43 pm

I didn't want to add it to my platform... not after my last edit. haha... so, one more idea that someone inspired me.

Actually, if I get in... whenever the voting starts *shrug* and then ends, I'll start this contest almost immediately. Cause, I'm actually excited to see what people think of for this one...

Think AE, my friends... ToO AE. Tongue out

"Ever had one of those AIO characters that you weren't satisfied with where their story ended? This contest gives you a chance to do just that. You can work with one other person to create an AIO script about this character. The best script will win a prize."
That prize will be determined soon... it'll be special, I'm sure.

Smile
Danielle Alexis Maxwell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren on 28th June 2010, 11:45 pm

It will start in minutes.

Spoiler:
Bren
CC Founder
CC Founder