Log in

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 27 on 15th May 2013, 11:59 am
Top posting users this month

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

Brand of computer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brand of computer

Post by IrishTiger on 20th October 2013, 3:04 pm

Which brand is your computer? Are you using a desktop PC, laptop, or tablet?

I use a Toshiba laptop. Cool


~IrishTiger

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
avatar
IrishTiger
Elected Official
Elected Official

Posts : 149
Join date : 2013-09-27
Location : in a room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brand of computer

Post by Thor's Hammer on 20th October 2013, 3:20 pm

Acer laptop. Toshiba stinks.No



I hates Emily

Thor's Hammer
 
 

Posts : 970
Join date : 2012-12-13
Location : In space

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brand of computer

Post by Sko on 21st October 2013, 11:51 am

Built my own desktop PC. So, it doesn't really have a brand.

Other than ones I've built, 90% of working computers owned by my family are Dell. The other 10% is a Chromebook.


avatar
Sko
On Vacation
On Vacation

Posts : 1367
Join date : 2012-10-10
Location : About 150 Km from Sol, give or take.

View user profile http://tech.ryanhoots.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Brand of computer

Post by Metal15 on 21st October 2013, 1:29 pm

I use a Macbook laptop. And I enjoy it immensely. Smile


My Blog --> http://metal15likesmetal.blogspot.com

My youtube channel --> http://www.youtube.com/user/Metal15ist
avatar
Metal15
 
 

Posts : 183
Join date : 2013-02-20
Location : USA

View user profile http://metal15likesmetal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Brand of computer

Post by Thor's Hammer on 21st October 2013, 2:43 pm

Lucky Lucky. I always have wanted one of those.



I hates Emily

Thor's Hammer
 
 

Posts : 970
Join date : 2012-12-13
Location : In space

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brand of computer

Post by IrishTiger on 21st October 2013, 3:19 pm

Sko wrote:Built my own desktop PC. So, it doesn't really have a brand.

Other than ones I've built, 90% of working computers owned by my family are Dell. The other 10% is a Chromebook.
That's so cool you built your own PC. Yes  How long did it take you? Have you ever heard of ItonRamp? It's a Christian based company that has online computer classes about all different kinds of stuff. Website is  http://itonramp.com/ Right now they have 3 classes scheduled, but they have like 6 or 7 different types of classes they can teach.


~IrishTiger

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
avatar
IrishTiger
Elected Official
Elected Official

Posts : 149
Join date : 2013-09-27
Location : in a room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brand of computer

Post by Sko on 21st October 2013, 4:23 pm

IrishTiger wrote:That's so cool you built your own PC. Yes  How long did it take you? Have you ever heard of ItonRamp? It's a Christian based company that has online computer classes about all different kinds of stuff. Website is  http://itonramp.com/ Right now they have 3 classes scheduled, but they have like 6 or 7 different types of classes they can teach.
The assembly took a few hours, and the results are great. My computer has nothing I don't need, and everything I want. The hardest part is getting the processor onto the motherboard. Everything else is a snap. Literally.

That's a pretty cool website. The ammount of good education available online is always impressing me. Very Happy


avatar
Sko
On Vacation
On Vacation

Posts : 1367
Join date : 2012-10-10
Location : About 150 Km from Sol, give or take.

View user profile http://tech.ryanhoots.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Brand of computer

Post by godisawesomeness99 on 21st October 2013, 10:29 pm

I'm a pc


The god of angel armies, is always by my side

if you draw the sword, you will surely die by the sword
avatar
godisawesomeness99
 
 

Posts : 279
Join date : 2012-12-20
Location : I've been wondering that myself

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brand of computer

Post by Jason on 22nd October 2013, 4:24 pm

I have an Acer laptop, though through my experience and the experiences of some around me I've grown to dislike it immensely. It's a good laptop for now, but once it gives out on me I'm definitely going with a different brand. Probably Toshiba because I've heard good things about it.

I also have an iPad mini.


______________________________________________________________

avatar
Jason
Banker
Banker

Posts : 3165
Join date : 2009-11-08
Location : Americas best small town

View user profile http://fjayodysseyreport.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Brand of computer

Post by Stella C on 22nd October 2013, 9:49 pm

My Toshiba was awful -.- It stopped playing DVDs, and was realllllyyy slow. I was so glad to get rid of it.. Computers and I don't have the best of relationships. I've gone through a total of 5 computers/laptops.

At the moment I have... an HP laptop which totally stinks :p It overheats WAY to fast, it gets so hot, I burn myself. It's also REALLY slow. I tend to use my tablet more Yes


avatar
Stella C
Birthday Bash 2012 VIP

Posts : 215
Join date : 2012-07-25
Location : Wouldn't you like to know..

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brand of computer

Post by IrishTiger on 22nd October 2013, 10:00 pm

That's too bad, Stella. :( My family's laptop is a Toshiba (had about 3 years) and I've had my Toshiba for almost 2 months. They both have worked really well.
 Jason- I really like my Toshiba. It has Windows 8, which is okay, but I still prefer 7. The one I have is pretty nice while not being high-end. I think the prices for Toshiba are fairly reasonable.


~IrishTiger

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
avatar
IrishTiger
Elected Official
Elected Official

Posts : 149
Join date : 2013-09-27
Location : in a room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brand of computer

Post by Jason on 23rd October 2013, 12:01 am

IrishTiger wrote:That's too bad, Stella. :( My family's laptop is a Toshiba (had about 3 years) and I've had my Toshiba for almost 2 months. They both have worked really well.
 Jason- I really like my Toshiba. It has Windows 8, which is okay, but I still prefer 7. The one I have is pretty nice while not being high-end. I think the prices for Toshiba are fairly reasonable.
My Acer is into it's third year now, and while it's getting things done, the shell is coming up in one area. It's not a big issue but something could get lodged inside and then make it explode. Or least case scenario not work. My sister has a Toshiba and she seems to like it. I've heard lots about windows 8 but havn't played aorund with it much. It seems the general opinion is that windows 7 is better.


______________________________________________________________

avatar
Jason
Banker
Banker

Posts : 3165
Join date : 2009-11-08
Location : Americas best small town

View user profile http://fjayodysseyreport.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Brand of computer

Post by Bren on 23rd October 2013, 6:17 pm

I have a Dell Inspirion 1501 that's about 6 years old. For the most part it works ok. The only issue is the built in keyboard has basically quit so I have a plug-in keyboard now. The thing that I'm not too happy about is when I get a new laptop, everything is windows 8 and I still don't totally understand it.




Spoiler:
avatar
Bren
CC Founder
CC Founder

Posts : 4989
Join date : 2009-07-16

View user profile http://www.campbellcountymb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Brand of computer

Post by Sko on 23rd October 2013, 11:00 pm

Bren wrote:I have a Dell Inspirion 1501 that's about 6 years old. For the most part it works ok. The only issue is the built in keyboard has basically quit so I have a plug-in keyboard now. The thing that I'm not too happy about is when I get a new laptop, everything is windows 8 and I still don't totally understand it.
That's what Linux is for. Yes 


avatar
Sko
On Vacation
On Vacation

Posts : 1367
Join date : 2012-10-10
Location : About 150 Km from Sol, give or take.

View user profile http://tech.ryanhoots.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Brand of computer

Post by CD333 on 25th October 2013, 9:12 am

I have a 10 years old Dell Inspiron 8200 for personal use.  IT was my dad's old one and I now use it for school.  Otherwise my family has multiple other computers I think that they are all built by us but I could be wrong.  My computer is very slow it is annoying but I am surprised it is even still running after 10 years.


Grandpa B. May you rest in peace.

avatar
CD333
 
 

Posts : 754
Join date : 2011-02-03
Location : Somewhere out there

View user profile http://odysseyblog.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Brand of computer

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum