Most users ever online was 27 on 15th May 2013, 11:59 am
Top posting users this month

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

Odyssey visits 9/11?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Odyssey visits 9/11?

Post by Jason on 4th October 2013, 5:01 pm

I was thinking about something. Could the AIO team do an episode on 9/11 and not have Odyssey time seem "wacked out" more than it already is?

We've had episodes about Whit's experience in the war, and Joe's experience at pearl harbor, as well as episodes dealing with the Vietnam war. If they were to do an episode on a piece of history that happened during the course of the show would that be possible?

It occured to me the other day that at some point kids will begin to wonder why 9/11 is so important and struggle with why they should care since they didn't lose anyone close to them. I would be excited to see AIO tackle a challange such as fitting a 9/11 story into an AIO setting.

What do you think? How do you think it should be approached?

Jason
Banker
Banker

View user profile http://fjayodysseyreport.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Odyssey visits 9/11?

Post by IrishTiger on 4th October 2013, 5:08 pm

Interesting!!! I don't think a trip to the imagination station would be fitting for the telling of what happened. It should be the same sorta setting as in the episodes about Pearl Harbor and the Vietnam War, where someone is personally telling someone else about what happened. Maybe telling it to an immigrant to America who doesn't know much about our history...

~IrishTiger

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
IrishTiger
Elected Official
Elected Official

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren on 4th October 2013, 5:26 pm

Either the Parker or Jones family visits New York and the kids become very curious about it.

Spoiler:
Bren
CC Founder
CC Founder

View user profile http://www.campbellcountymb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason on 4th October 2013, 6:15 pm

If they could ind a really good story dealing with it that they could dramatize that would help. Something like the idea of Extremely loud and Incredibly Close.

Jason
Banker
Banker

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishTiger on 4th October 2013, 6:19 pm

Jason wrote:If they could ind a really good story dealing with it that they could dramatize that would help. Something like the idea of Extremely loud and Incredibly Close.
I never saw/read that. Was it good?

~IrishTiger

2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
IrishTiger
Elected Official
Elected Official

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason on 4th October 2013, 7:10 pm

IrishTiger wrote:
Jason wrote:If they could ind a really good story dealing with it that they could dramatize that would help. Something like the idea of Extremely loud and Incredibly Close.
Extremely Loud and Incredibly is a really good movie. I think it's a true story but not sure. It's about a kid whose dad died in the 9/11 attacks. He finds a key that his dad had that sends him on a journey to find what the key is for. He spends day after day visintg people in NYC with the last name of Black in hopes to find something that connects with the key. The story goes on and is pretty fantastic.

I'm not sure that Extremely Loud and INcredibly close would work as an episode for AIO, but if they could do an angle that brought about the theme of how events like that effect the everyday person that would be a pretty unique theme.

Jason
Banker
Banker

Back to top Go down

Post by AudPod on 4th October 2013, 8:41 pm

That sounds interesting!

And I LOVE that movie, btw. My mom and I saw it in theaters, loved it, rented it on DVD, and my little brothers were bored out of their mind.

But yeah, that's a good idea, Jason. And I think it could work, with a little tweaking.

My blogs: 
AIO Odds and Ends: aio-oddsandends.blogspot.com
The Life and Times of Audrey K: thelifeandtimesofaudreyk.blogspot.com
AudPod
Elected Official
Elected Official

View user profile http://thelifeandtimesofaudreyk.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishTiger on 4th October 2013, 8:45 pm

Jason wrote:
IrishTiger wrote:
Extremely Loud and Incredibly is a really good movie. I think it's a true story but not sure. It's about a kid whose dad died in the 9/11 attacks. He finds a key that his dad had that sends him on a journey to find what the key is for. He spends day after day visintg people in NYC with the last name of Black in hopes to find something that connects with the key. The story goes on and is pretty fantastic.

I'm not sure that Extremely Loud and INcredibly close would work as an episode for AIO, but if they could do an angle that brought about the theme of how events like that effect the everyday person that would be a pretty unique theme.
Hmm I should watch it sometime. Sounds interesting.

And I know that if they made an AIO episode about 9/11, I know I'll cry. Even though I don't have a personally connection to the events of 9/11 other than it happened in my country, I always get emotional when reading about what happened that day. I hope they make one soon...and make it well.

~IrishTiger

IrishTiger
Elected Official
Elected Official

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum