None

Most users ever online was 27 on 15th May 2013, 11:59 am
Top posting users this month

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

It Is the Power of God

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It Is the Power of God

Yesterday I was walking through a thrift store and I saw a girl wearing red shirt.  Printed on the back of the shirt was Romans 15:13:
"Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
It was so encouraging to see that, as I was having a bit of a rough time, shivering in the freezing cold air-conditioned store, hanging around for my sister to get done looking, and trying to contain my bad allergies.  I wasn't able to take the time to carefully read through the verse at the time, but simply knowing that I was in the presence of a "stranger," yet fellow servant of Jesus Christ was really cool.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to talk with her any before she left the store.  Still, it's made me think a lot.

First of all, when I wear a t-shirt with Scripture on it, I'll never know how God will use it to impact another person.  I mean, Scripture is amazingly powerful.  God is constantly working in ways unthinkable to our tiny human brains.  
"For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart" (Hebrews 4:12).

Second of all, what if I had asked her about her personal conviction of the Gospel?  Would she have been ready to give an answer?  Was she wearing the shirt because it was simply something to wear, or because she really believed what it said?  If I were her, I probably would have stuttered my way through, trying to explain what the verse was about.  1 Peter 3:15 directly tells us to "sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to [give an answer*] to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence."  *KJV puts it that way.  Otherwise the verse is from NASB

Seriously, take time to think this through.  Is the Gospel what you're truly after; truly living?  Are you unashamed of the Gospel of Christ?  "...It is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes" (Romans 1:16).
For me personally, it's really easy to shrug it aside and say, 'Well of course I'd give a good answer!', but I really think I should get together what I would truly say.  There's soooo much to cover for the Gospel as a whole, yet what if I only have a minute to speak?  How would I explain the Gospel in a nutshell?

Anyway, those are my thoughts.  Maybe it will get you thinking too.  Smile  Remember, we are Christ's ambassadors.  Everything we do or say represents Him!

Sunshine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

It Is the Power of God :: Comments

Post on 16th September 2013, 5:59 pm by Samansa14

This was really, really amazing, Sunny. It made me think a lot. Thank you for posting this. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post on 16th September 2013, 8:48 pm by Renae

Awesome thoughts, Sunny!
I have a shirt from youth camp that says "Guard Your Heart."
I hope that every time I wear it God will use it for His glory, and that I will always be prepared to answer any questions that people may have due to it Yes

Back to top Go down

Post on 27th September 2013, 10:17 pm by Sunshine

Mmm, thanks for commenting, gals.  I'm always in awe when I see how God can teach out of a "simple incident."  We have an amazing, loving Teacher.  =)

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum