None

Most users ever online was 27 on 15th May 2013, 11:59 am
Top posting users this month

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

"Easily Pleased"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Easily Pleased"

How about you?  -Does "easily pleased" fit your personality?

In Philippians chapter four, Paul encourages us to rejoice in the LORD always, and to think about things that are admirable and praiseworthy.
Paul, in Philippians chapter 4 verse 8 wrote:Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

As you read this verse, you have to realize that ultimately, only one thing, or rather, Person, fits this description: Jesus Christ.  As we think about such things, we will find ourselves enjoying the simple, beautiful things in life.
On the other hand, one of the things I've noticed about our culture, is that we're all too busy to "smell the roses."  Sometimes I can get excited over even the simplest things (like a sewing or baking project Wink ), but there are times I feel that I may be looked down upon for working up so much excitement over such a small thing.  While excitement can go overboard at times (any childhood memories coming back to you?), I think that this is something that is being lost so much in our world today.
Take a moment to consider: does the phase, "easily pleased" fit the description of your personality?  Whether it's appreciating the texture and taste of your favorite food, simply sitting down to admire the flower in your yard, or being thankful that your math lesson was easy - learning to take the time to appreciate smaller things, and share your happiness with those around you will give you a happy, more easy-going life.

From my experience, as I begin to realize just how many blessings the LORD has showered on me, I work more towards rejoicing in the LORD always.  Especially at home, I find that I can be happy over the smallest thing.  Sometimes my siblings look at me a bit weird (those times when excitement breaks through my serious personality), but I notice that I'll lighten their day up a bit more too.

Sunshine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum