None

Most users ever online was 27 on 15th May 2013, 11:59 am
Top posting users this month

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

"Be careful little ears"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Be careful little ears"

*starts to sing* "Be careful little ears, what you hear, be careful little ears what you hear" Ooh well hello! I was just umm, ya know, singing! AnxiousWhistle  Anyway! Back for another blog post eh? *whispers to self* Hehe they just can't get enough of my posting! Dancing Banana  *coughs* Now, back on topic! So i was listening to demi lovato, i really like her singing voice, it's so beautiful, and her newest hit "Heart Attack"? Wow, *sniffs* beautiful, just beautiful! [Nah....not beautiful, but ya know! Wink] I started listening more to her songs, I was a little shocked by what i found. This is from neon lights

Baby, when they look up at the sky
We'll be shooting stars just passing by
You'll be coming home with me tonight
We'll be burning up like neon lights

Yikes, coming home with me tonight? Oh yes, there gonna have a good old conversation.... Rolling Eyes  No, they are gonna do some other things..... *cough* we all know what that means. Lets look at another verse

Shining like stars 'cause we're beautiful, beautiful
You're all I see in all these places
You're all I see in all these faces
So let's pretend we're running out of time, of time

Ok the first part? Classic! But "Let's pretend we're running out of time"? Well, your not, so forget it! That boy should've been like "I'm sorry, but I can't go home with you, I don't do that stuff." But his reaction was what? Well, we can only imagine he went home with her, they most likely slept together, and then never spoke to each other again. Guess they didn't "run out of time" huh? Nope, their worlds kept going, and they met new people, slept with them, got drunk, ect. But lets fast forward a few years, shall we? These 2 people, end up with diseases, the girl has aborted so many babies she can't keep count, the guy can't find a girlfriend cuz she doesn't want his disease. They don't say that in the song, do they? They cover up the sin with catchy lyrics and make it sound "fun" to go and sleep with whatever hottie you can find. As they say "You only live once" right? Yeah, but you still have to live with those consequences. You still have to stand before God and face judgement for your sins, whether your saved or not. But when do we think having sex out side of marriage is ok? Well, it starts with those songs and lyrics. May I ask you a question? Half the music we listen to, would we be ashamed if our parents listened with us? Or what if Jesus came down right now and was like "Hey, can I listen with you? It sounds like such a fun song"? Would we blush at the lyrics he heard? Would we change the song to a Christian song? These are the things we need to think about. No, i'm not saying it's "bad" to listen to non christian music, but are they good role models on us? What is the message of the song? I have come to realize those kind of songs have no meaning, when i listen to them, my heart is not moved, my soul was not touched by the words. Yet when i listen to christian songs my soul is full of joy. That makes me not wanna listen to those other crappy songs. Hope this has touched you or at least make you think. Pm me if you need a friend to talk to, okay? I'm always here, (:
                                                         Love always,
                                                                 The Dreamer of Dreams

"Girl, you are beautiful! So smile! Because someone might be falling in love with it!" <3
Check out my blog, "The dreamer of dreams"!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Maria
Maria
Maria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

"Be careful little ears" :: Comments

Post on 19th July 2013, 12:59 pm by underseasie

Great post, Maria, and that is exactly why I don't listen non-christian music.

Back to top Go down

Post on 19th July 2013, 2:02 pm by Sko

Funny, I'm actually writing a video on this subject. It's great to hear your take on it. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on 19th July 2013, 2:42 pm by Maria

Thank you thank you, *humbly bows* (:

Back to top Go down

Post on 19th July 2013, 3:05 pm by sing 4 joy

thanks maria! That was a good post! my friends influenced me to start listening to secular music a couple months ago..... I tried it about 2 weeks, and then I was DONE! Thank you for putting such a Christian perspective on it!

Back to top Go down

Post on 19th July 2013, 3:06 pm by Maria

You are so welcome!! And you may call me by my real name ya know, my real name is mary (: and i like some songs that are non christian, but it's like...."no....." lol

Back to top Go down

Post on 20th July 2013, 12:43 pm by AudPod

Awesome post, Mary! I look forward to reading more Smile

Back to top Go down

Post on 20th July 2013, 5:30 pm by Maria

Thank you Audrey!! (:

Back to top Go down

Post on 23rd July 2013, 5:06 pm by Jesusfreak97

Wow, Very well written, And very True. I don't think we realize what we listen to, Till you concentrate on the lyrics.

Marie, I have a Question. I really love what you write, If you want, I can put some of these on my site.. I will keep everything you say just the way it is. and add some of my thoughts. Because you choose pretty good topics, that people need to read. What do you say?

Back to top Go down

Post on 23rd July 2013, 5:13 pm by Maria

Oooh wowers!! Are you for real?????? I'd love that!!!!! Just don't say my real name, keep it my nickname Maria, ok? (: If you can do that, we got a deal!

Back to top Go down

Post on 24th July 2013, 7:19 pm by Jesusfreak97

Hahah! Deal!

Back to top Go down

Post on 24th July 2013, 8:05 pm by Maria

May i have a link to your site?

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum