None

Most users ever online was 27 on 15th May 2013, 11:59 am
Top posting users this month

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

Rebels Needed! Bye-bye Redcoats!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rebels Needed! Bye-bye Redcoats!

I considered posting about this yesterday, but I didn't have a bunch of time, and I didn't want to accidentally wreck someone's holiday yesterday (I woke up on the wrong side of the bed yesterday, so who knows what I might have typed  Anxious).  But after reading specifically AudPod's post on the 4th of July thread, I decided to go ahead and post my thoughts on the subject today.  (Watch out - in cases such as these, I don't know what it means to do a "short" blog post Wink)

AudPod wrote:Ah yes, happy independence day. May our country somehow go back to the principles it was founded on someday. 
That pretty much sums up what's happening in these recent years.  I read on a church sign recently, "God blessed America, because America blessed God."
To describe my feelings about America's state in one word: depressing.

And yet, what are we, as Christians, doing to change America's down-going slope?

There was once a time in history (actually, more than once, but I'm talking specifically about one time) when men and women understood God's call for each and every person.  Men and women devoted themselves to countless hours, days, and even weeks in a row, fighting for revival.  These men and women understood how much power they had through Jesus Christ.  They understood that they had been handed a mighty weapon with which to fight.  They knew the the power behind this weapon, even when no one else understood what they were doing.  And finally, after not only months, but years of fighting, and fighting... and fighting, unheard of revivals swept through.  God's kingdom came and His will was done on earth as it is in heaven!!  It was known... as the Great Awakening.  
And in case if you haven't caught on thus far, the weapon used was prayer; fervantaggressive, earth-shattering prayer.  They used the exact thing that is unheard of, and not understood in today's Christian culture.

Wouldn't it have been amazing to have lived during the Great Awakening?  Sometimes it's easy to wish I had lived in the past - back when everything was made up of simple, hard work.  And yet what many of us don't realize is that we are privileged to live in such a time as this.  WE have the privilege of taking part in fighting for America.  This time, it's not Rebels against the king of England, it's Rebels against the king of darkness.
"if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land."  I believe 2 Chronicles 7:14 applies to us in America today.
Changing America starts with you and me.  Are we willing to humble ourselves, and pray, and seek God's face, and turn our own hearts from His wicked ways?  Even if God doesn't call us to preach/teach, to lead rallies, or to do something considered amazingly stunning to this world, to change America - are we willing to answer the call which God places on each and every one of us?  -That is, the call to pray.  Are we willing to pray fervently and aggressively for God's kingdom to come, and His will to be done on earth as it is in heaven?

I know an easy way to respond is to say, "I don't know how to pray."  No one knows how to at first either.  I'm just now beginning to learn.  And as I ask God to show me what's so amazing about actual prayer, He has begun to show me how exciting it can be (see Isaiah 43:3)!

If we want to see revival in America, we must pray.  As Eric Ludy put it: if people are being awakened and stirred in their hearts to serve God, it's because someone, somewhere in this world, is praying.
Remember: Prayer is not preparation for the work, it IS the work.

I don't know about you, but there's something stirring deep within me - a yearning to see revival; the POWER OF GOD amazingly displayed.  I want to see America freed from slavery in the kingdom of darkness.  Will you join me in the fight?  Salute 

P.S.  I'm specifically addressing the state of America, being that yesterday was Independence Day, but this goes for all parts of the world!

Last edited by Sunshine on 7th August 2013, 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Sunshine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Rebels Needed! Bye-bye Redcoats! :: Comments

Post on 5th July 2013, 9:20 pm by sing 4 joy

That was very beautifully put miss Sunshine! I agree whole heartedly.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum