None

Most users ever online was 27 on 15th May 2013, 11:59 am
Top posting users this month

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

Yellowstone

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Yellowstone

Well, I figured it out, and here you go. These pictures are in no particular order, as my computer scrambled them all up...

Yellowstone Lake- look closely and you can see the burnt trees in the background, from the fire of 2011. 

The hot springs are so pretty...but most of them have killed the plants around them, unlike this one.

Sorry for the sideways picture... geysers, hot springs, etc.

Bubbling Lake, as it is called...though it's a pond, really. 

This little big guy didn't seem to mind the traffic at all, he just stood there munching away aprox. 3 feet from the road.

Old Faithful, after standing in the hot sun for almost 20 min. after it was predicted to erupt...it was still worth it, though.

The best picture I could get of The Grand Prismatic Spring, the third largest hot spring in the world.

Burnt trees are all over the park, in some places the dead trees have been cut down (so as not to be a hazard for hikers or traffic) and create a think blanket of wood on the forest floor, most of it from the fires of 1988.

Another big hot spring, but this one was the only one to create enough steam that fogged over everyone's glasses.

Another bison, this one wandering all alone through the park's gift shop/eatery/auto repair center. He also didn't seem bothered by the cars and people wandering all around, though he scared a few people when he went around to one side of the building, then peeked around..

Well, I took about 100 pictures total, but I didn't want to totally bore you guys with the rest of them, plus I didn't feel like uploading them all..Wink
Spoiler:

underseasie
Elected Official
Elected Official

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Yellowstone :: Comments

Post on 28th June 2013, 6:08 pm by Thor's Hammer

Cool pictures. I want to go to yellowstone.

Back to top Go down

Post on 28th June 2013, 6:57 pm by Sunshine

Wow!  Those are great pictures.  Thanks for sharing!  Very Happy  Do you know any history about Bubbling Lake?  I'm wondering if it was previously a rather large lake, and then maybe dried up some...?

Back to top Go down

Post on 28th June 2013, 9:39 pm by underseasie

I don't know, though it is possible. The entire Yellowstone Park is a fragile thermal area, and so new geysers and hot springs can pop up overnight, then be gone the next day. To quote the museum we visited, "Yellowstone is a underground volcano, the biggest and most powerful in the world". So the name could probably be explained by that... I honestly don't know for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post on 1st July 2013, 9:38 am by Sko

Great pictures! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum