Most users ever online was 27 on 15th May 2013, 11:59 am
Top posting users this month

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

Meet a Sister in Christ: Katie Davis

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Meet a Sister in Christ: Katie Davis

Post by Sunshine on 2nd May 2013, 2:02 pm

Meet Katie Davis, a sister in Christ. She grew up in the typical American Christian home, and you could say that she had the best of both worlds-- she went to church, grew up in a great Christian family, and yet went to public school, was homecoming queen in high school, wore the latest fashions, had a brother, had lots of girlfriends, had a boyfriend, had a convertible, and just about every other comfort life could bring. And yet after high school graduation, when she went to Uganda, she felt the LORD calling her there.

Katie's not an amazing heroine. Katie's just one of the few Christians who are willing to live a life set apart for Christ. She's willing to follow God's leading.* She doesn't live an amazing life because of what she does, she lives an amazing life because of what Christ is doing through her. Yes

"I have learned that I will not change the world. Jesus will do that. I can, however, change the world for one person. So I keep stopping and loving one person at a time. Because this is my call as a Christian." -Katie Davis

The first year that Katie was in Uganda, she didn't consider herself to be a missionary. She didn't have full, thought-out plans of how to start a ministry. She didn't consider herself to be some great person, and she certainly didn't go expecting to become a mother of 14 children! Smile

_______

• Currently, Katie is serving the people in Uganda. Her ministry is called "Amazima" which means "truth" in Luanda.
    You can follow her at kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com

• God is doing amazing things in Uganda, and I would like to ask that you please join me in praying for our sister in Uganda. Pray
    To learn about specific prayer needs, you can check her twitter page regularly: https://twitter.com/katieinuganda

• If you would like to learn more about Katie's life, you can read her book: "Kisses from Katie" (I'm in the middle of reading it right now, and I really like it Smile )

• To learn more about the ministry, visit: www.amazima.org

*Remember that, even though God has called Katy to Uganda, not everyone is called to work over seas, nor is everyone called to start a non-profit organization like she has. Remember that right now you are where God has called you to be, and you can minister to the people around you, Christian or not. You can live a set apart life for Christ right now, right where you are! Smile

Sunshine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Meet a Sister in Christ: Katie Davis

Post by Renae on 23rd May 2013, 6:00 pm

Wow! This is awesome Sunny! Thanks for posting this! I will certainly keep Katie in my prayers!
Also, is this lady someone that you know (just out of curiosity)? Very Happy

"They will be called oaks of righteousness: a planting of the LORD, for the display of His splendour."
Renae

Location : ...I'll be in a different place every time you read this...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine on 17th June 2013, 5:44 pm

(Sorry I didn't reply sooner!)

No, I don't know her personally, but a friend told me about her autobiography, and I think it's really neat what she's doing.  Not many young people like her are willing to live set-apart for Christ.  Smile

Sunshine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum