In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 27 on 15th May 2013, 11:59 am
Top posting users this month

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

Whit's End.org Message Board

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should Whit's End include a message board?

13% 13% 
[ 1 ]
25% 25% 
[ 2 ]
50% 50% 
[ 4 ]
12% 12% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 8

Whit's End.org Message Board

Post by Bren on 24th April 2013, 12:26 am

How well do you guys think a message board would do on Whit's End? I think it would be a great idea. The thing about it is there are some well qualified fans who are responsible enough to help out if Focus would let them.

Spoiler:
Bren
CC Founder
CC Founder

View user profile http://www.campbellcountymb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Whit's End.org Message Board

Post by The Old Judge on 24th April 2013, 7:22 am

I'd join, but think. With the three forums, the AIO online community is stretched pretty tight anyway. Now, it would be successful, but that success would come from fans that would leave the other message boards. But, yes, I'd probably join. I just wouldn't make it my main board.

The Old Judge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NarniaQA Guy on 24th April 2013, 8:51 am

I think that an official AIO board would be cool, but I'd prefer them not making one because it would have (I would think, at least) so many ads for ACTS and etc.
NarniaQA Guy
CC Tech
CC Tech

Location : Near that one tree that was cut down five years ago.

View user profile http://narniaqa.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thor's Hammer on 24th April 2013, 11:10 am

I would join and it probably be way professional. And a lot more users.

I hates Emily

Thor's Hammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pound Foolish on 29th April 2013, 4:25 pm

There are plenty of Odyssians online who don't know a thing about the AIO message boards. But if there was a Whit's End message board, it would be like a home-page of the entire AIO fanbase. People would go online by the thousands, as always, to watch/listen to the exclusive podcast and enjoy shows from albums they don't have. And then, tuh-duh, there's a message board for them to talk on. And since it's right there waiting for them, why not check it out while they're around?
The reason SS is so fast becoming a giant, as we know, is because it feeds off a popular AIO site. Imagine if THE most popular AIO site had a message board! It would certainly succeed.
At the moment, people tend to talk (and talk and TALK) on the comment page of the podcast. It's the only place there to do that kind of thing. Like all message boards, a TON of it is just random jibber-jabber, but there's plenty of AIO talk. It would do especially well if a few of the actors joined. Imagine if there was an official message board, with Katie Leigh, Brock, Christina, etc all popping in now and again!

"Woooooot-onnnnnnnn!"
Penny Wise

Pound Foolish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarinda on 6th July 2013, 5:17 pm

that would be cool to have a chat on there.

"Three rings for the Elven-kings under the sky, Seven for the Dwarf-lords in halls of stone,
Nine for mortal men doomed to die, one for the Dark Lord on his dark throne In the land of Mordor where the Shadows lie. One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the land of Mordor where the shadow lie."
-J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings.

Amarinda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AudPod on 6th July 2013, 6:42 pm

I agree with N and PF (on some), but I don't really think that it should.
I have a few reasons for that.
Just take a look around the comment section of whitsend.org. It is just nasty. Not in a bad- language or something way, but because most of the comments are:

OMG I LUV ODYSEY SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome!

I cant wait for acts it is going to be so cool i want to be an odyssey ambassador but i dont really want to serve or anything idk 

(note: all made up examples, but you guys know what I'm talking about.)

It's a bit like youtube, but without the debates. As you guys probably know, people were somehow creating clubs on there, too. And discussing movies and books. The message board will encourage stuff like that. Not that that's a bad thing of course, but I feel like some clubs can turn into cliques. I have no guarantee, of course, but with a forum that big, since there will be most likely thousands of users, it can get messy. Bad grammar, off topic, etc etc. And hey, we all do that, but I have a feeling that it will run rampant on that board.

This is going to sound awful, but most of the people on there, to me, don't seem that serious about Odyssey. They just think that it's a fun thing to listen to in the car. To a lot of us fans out there, it's more than that. I feel like whitsend.org is just the place where visitors and newbies go. I know; I went there myself when I was just starting out in the AIO community. While I know not everyone might know about the boards such as the SS, ToO, and CC, it seems like if you wanted to really discuss AIO and stuff, you would have joined one of the above boards already.

That being said, I would like to agree with N as well. If there was an official board, then it would be littered with ACTS, GITS, ads for the new books, etc etc. While it might be cool to have chats with AIO actors and such, the sheer size would most likely mean you couldn't actually talk to them. Size is a big issue here; whitsend.org is huge. One of the things I like about this site is that you can get to know each other in a smaller setting, without being overwhelmed with that annoying girl who just screams: OMG I LUV ODYSEY I WANT CONIE AND JASEN TO GET MARRIED I CANT WAIT FOR 57!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's a bit hard to explain unless you've looked at the comments (the older ones right now, because AIO has started monitoring the new ones to prevent all the above things. But on this new board, there's no way they could do that.) so I suggest you go look. 

The main issue for me would just be size. Also, most people on there are younger, and while that is no guarantee of maturity or anything (being a younger online AIO fan compared to many), it also means that there will be many 10 year olds on there. Which can get annoying at times. I like having intellectual, serious debates about AIO, not just, "Well your wrong okay its obvious that...." and I feel like people who are older can provide that more than younger kids do. Odyssey message boards are a place for discussions and theories and all of that, not arguments, cliques, and one word comments. And right now, the whitsend website just seems a lot like that second one.

Also, just something to consider: (I'm going to get conspiratorial, guys)
I am not a fan of ACTS. And so, when I saw that AIO was monitoring the comments, I decided to post this:
(not word for word)

I like AIO, but I don't like what you guys have done with ACTS and GITS. You're overloading it. Everywhere I look in the AIO world, Shona's staring back at me. I see her more on your facebook page than actually posts about AIO. It's kind of annoying me now. Shona is an amazing actor, but she's not God. Or the president. She's just a person, and you're hanging onto her success like a lifeline. SHONA SAYS YOU SHOULD SERVE GOD! SHONA SERVES BY MAKING DINNER FOR HER PARENTS! Shona Shona Shona! 
I want the old AIO back.

I checked a few days later, just to see if they let it through.

They didn't. This is very far fetched, I know, but who says they wouldn't do that on an official board?

Yes, I know I've been playing the maybe game. But it's just my opinion; you don't have to agree.

My blogs: 
AIO Odds and Ends: aio-oddsandends.blogspot.com
The Life and Times of Audrey K: thelifeandtimesofaudreyk.blogspot.com
AudPod
Elected Official
Elected Official

View user profile http://thelifeandtimesofaudreyk.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sing 4 joy on 6th July 2013, 7:21 pm

Pound Foolish wrote:There are plenty of Odyssians online who don't know a thing about the AIO message boards. But if there was a Whit's End message board, it would be like a home-page of the entire AIO fanbase. People would go online by the thousands, as always, to watch/listen to the exclusive podcast and enjoy shows from albums they don't have. And then, tuh-duh, there's a message board for them to talk on. And since it's right there waiting for them, why not check it out while they're around?
The reason SS is so fast becoming a giant, as we know, is because it feeds off a popular AIO site. Imagine if THE most popular AIO site had a message board! It would certainly succeed.
At the moment, people tend to talk (and talk and TALK) on the comment page of the podcast. It's the only place there to do that kind of thing. Like all message boards, a TON of it is just random jibber-jabber, but there's plenty of AIO talk. It would do especially well if a few of the actors joined. Imagine if there was an official message board, with Katie Leigh, Brock, Christina, etc all popping in now and again!

That would be totally awesome! And I know a LOT more people would come around if they did have one!

SMILE! GOD LOOOVES YOU!  
~Sing

sing 4 joy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sing 4 joy on 6th July 2013, 7:31 pm

AudPod wrote:I agree with N and PF (on some), but I don't really think that it should.
I have a few reasons for that.
Just take a look around the comment section of whitsend.org. It is just nasty. Not in a bad- language or something way, but because most of the comments are:

I LUV ODYSEY SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome!

I cant wait for acts it is going to be so cool i want to be an odyssey ambassador but i dont really want to serve or anything idk 

(note: all made up examples, but you guys know what I'm talking about.)

It's a bit like youtube, but without the debates. As you guys probably know, people were somehow creating clubs on there, too. And discussing movies and books. The message board will encourage stuff like that. Not that that's a bad thing of course, but I feel like some clubs can turn into cliques. I have no guarantee, of course, but with a forum that big, since there will be most likely thousands of users, it can get messy. Bad grammar, off topic, etc etc. And hey, we all do that, but I have a feeling that it will run rampant on that board.

This is going to sound awful, but most of the people on there, to me, don't seem that serious about Odyssey. They just think that it's a fun thing to listen to in the car. To a lot of us fans out there, it's more than that. I feel like whitsend.org is just the place where visitors and newbies go. I know; I went there myself when I was just starting out in the AIO community. While I know not everyone might know about the boards such as the SS, ToO, and CC, it seems like if you wanted to really discuss AIO and stuff, you would have joined one of the above boards already.

That being said, I would like to agree with N as well. If there was an official board, then it would be littered with ACTS, GITS, ads for the new books, etc etc. While it might be cool to have chats with AIO actors and such, the sheer size would most likely mean you couldn't actually talk to them. Size is a big issue here; whitsend.org is huge. One of the things I like about this site is that you can get to know each other in a smaller setting, without being overwhelmed with that annoying girl who just screams: OMG I LUV ODYSEY I WANT CONIE AND JASEN TO GET MARRIED I CANT WAIT FOR 57!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's a bit hard to explain unless you've looked at the comments (the older ones right now, because AIO has started monitoring the new ones to prevent all the above things. But on this new board, there's no way they could do that.) so I suggest you go look. 

The main issue for me would just be size. Also, most people on there are younger, and while that is no guarantee of maturity or anything (being a younger online AIO fan compared to many), it also means that there will be many 10 year olds on there. Which can get annoying at times. I like having intellectual, serious debates about AIO, not just, "Well your wrong okay its obvious that...." and I feel like people who are older can provide that more than younger kids do. Odyssey message boards are a place for discussions and theories and all of that, not arguments, cliques, and one word comments. And right now, the whitsend website just seems a lot like that second one.

Also, just something to consider: (I'm going to get conspiratorial, guys)
I am not a fan of ACTS. And so, when I saw that AIO was monitoring the comments, I decided to post this:
(not word for word)

I like AIO, but I don't like what you guys have done with ACTS and GITS. You're overloading it. Everywhere I look in the AIO world, Shona's staring back at me. I see her more on your facebook page than actually posts about AIO. It's kind of annoying me now. Shona is an amazing actor, but she's not God. Or the president. She's just a person, and you're hanging onto her success like a lifeline. SHONA SAYS YOU SHOULD SERVE GOD! SHONA SERVES BY MAKING DINNER FOR HER PARENTS! Shona Shona Shona! 
I want the old AIO back.

I checked a few days later, just to see if they let it through.

They didn't. This is very far fetched, I know, but who says they wouldn't do that on an official board?

Yes, I know I've been playing the maybe game. But it's just my opinion; you don't have to agree.
I agree somewhat on what You wrote.  I like PF's Idea of the actors getting on, but like you, I am sick of Shona Shona Shona. I would join it because of the older friends on there, BUT, a LOT of the kids on there are extremely immature.  As an example, There was this one kid I knew on there, whom we will call "George." He got so mad on there at someone, that he started a whole uproar, with people, like telling other people they didn't even want to be friends anymore, Just because someone came and commented on a page that he thought only, he and his friend Sally should be allowed to comment on.

So Yes, I do think it would be great if they had a message board on there, but if they did, I would vote they have VERY strict moderators, AND the people on there should be about 12 or over.....  pale  and this was somewhat saddening to write.... Crying

SMILE! GOD LOOOVES YOU!  
~Sing

sing 4 joy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AudPod on 6th July 2013, 7:58 pm

Exactly. Most of the people on whitsend.org are very young and immature. Which is why I don't go there anymore. (Not that I really did, but still.) And thank goodness, someone else is just a little sick of Shona!

My blogs: 
AIO Odds and Ends: aio-oddsandends.blogspot.com
The Life and Times of Audrey K: thelifeandtimesofaudreyk.blogspot.com
AudPod
Elected Official
Elected Official

View user profile http://thelifeandtimesofaudreyk.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarinda on 7th July 2013, 1:03 am

well I think you guys can be immature too. give those kids a break seriously most of them are younger than you guys. do you have something agianst younger people?I mean yes they are annoying but you guys can be annoying too I'm annoying too everyone is.

"Three rings for the Elven-kings under the sky, Seven for the Dwarf-lords in halls of stone,
Nine for mortal men doomed to die, one for the Dark Lord on his dark throne In the land of Mordor where the Shadows lie. One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the land of Mordor where the shadow lie."

Amarinda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thor's Hammer on 7th July 2013, 12:01 pm

Yes I agree with some of what you said Miss Audrey. But a lot of people are immature on the too. And any way you can ban some one from a message board and it would bring some fame to smaller message boards.

I hates Emily

Thor's Hammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarinda on 8th July 2013, 6:27 pm

the reason they talk about stuff like that you know like aio is awesome and stuff is because before they were talking about other stuff and brock and evan said they needed to keep it to aio related I mean it is for aio fans.

Amarinda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum