Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

The M.S.C(The Matthew Stinks Club)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The M.S.C(The Matthew Stinks Club)

Post by Amarinda on 25th March 2013, 7:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

The M.S.C.(The Matthew Stinks Club)

Hey guys this is a place where you can talk about how much Matthew Parker stinks

Amarinda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The M.S.C(The Matthew Stinks Club)

Post by Pound Foolish on 26th March 2013, 10:24 pm

I'm not really sure. you say that Camilla and Olivia are consistently
entertaining. By what? Smashing gadgets, throwing tantrums, and getting
angry at people?
Exactly. Except, Camilla's fairly un-whiny. Why do people constantly say she's whiny? Apparently we have rather high, um, standards here... which I frankly doubt any of us live up to in our real lives. In any case, Camilla's not whiny compared to me.
And really, who cares if Matthew is more mature? He's mature up the roof, but that doesn't make him interesting. In fact, sometime, the less flawed a character, the less interesting the character.
But I do like your final point. Characters aren't just here to be entertaining. But Matthew is featured so much more than his silbings for no apparent good reason... It's just silly.

"Woooooot-onnnnnnnn!"
Penny Wise

Pound Foolish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarinda on 26th March 2013, 10:25 pm

Your soooo right, PF!!!

"Three rings for the Elven-kings under the sky, Seven for the Dwarf-lords in halls of stone,
Nine for mortal men doomed to die, one for the Dark Lord on his dark throne In the land of Mordor where the Shadows lie. One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the land of Mordor where the shadow lie."
-J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings.

Amarinda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason on 26th March 2013, 10:40 pm

Pound Foolish wrote:
angry at people?
And really, who cares if Matthew is more mature? He's mature up the roof, but that doesn't make him interesting. In fact, sometime, the less flawed a character, the less interesting the character.
But I do like your final point. Characters aren't just here to be entertaining. But Matthew is featured so much more than his silbings for no apparent good reason... It's just silly.

Well, I honestly appreciate the usage of the girls. So far they've been used when needed and not excessively. One could argue that Matthew has been used excessively, but when used he's been a good match for the situation. Sometimes he's needed in episodes featuring Emily to balance or correct her when needed. And yes Camilla hasn't been used near as much as Matthew, but that's partly so that when she is used things can go wildly crazy. Kind of like with grandma Parker. In album 57 they might correct this ratio, but the truth of the matter is Matthew just has more appeal than Camilla and Olivia at this current time.

Jason
Banker
Banker

View user profile http://fjayodysseyreport.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Thor's Hammer on 27th March 2013, 11:27 am

Pound Foolish wrote:
angry at people?
Exactly. Except, Camilla's fairly un-whiny. Why do people constantly say she's whiny? Apparently we have rather high, um, standards here... which I frankly doubt any of us live up to in our real lives. In any case, Camilla's not whiny compared to me.
NO wonder you love love Penny. Anyway, I find the entire Parker family great. And I would find that Matthew is a better person to use than using Emily more.

I hates Emily

Thor's Hammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pound Foolish on 27th March 2013, 1:04 pm

Be quiet. Emily RULES! Incidentally, my favorite Matthew-moments are when he's with Emily. That's what made me warm up to him, he works wonderfully with Emily. The two are hilarious, likable, and their friendship is touching. In The Inspiration Station, while it was fairly well established that Matthew would be the most significant Parker, they never really showed why. Olivia is funnier in just a few lines than Matthew in the whole show. Even so, I enjoyed Matthew's storyline very much. However, in Clutter, Matthew contributed fairly little, and in Target of the Week, his dull colorlessness was a millstone around the show's neck. If not for Game for a Mystery, Matthew would have quickly become one of my least favorite characters of all time. As it is, I'm fond of him. I'm simply saying he's had a few flop episodes, unlike Camilla and Olivia, and that it's ridiculous how much the focus is on him. He's been in more episodes than any other AIO kid. Why?
Incidentally, if Emily had starred in Target, it would likely have been far more fun. Emily's attitude would have warmed up the show. As it is, only now I know Matthew better is this episode even listenable.
Olivia and Camilla are being shoved aside for Matthew. Even though Matthew has yet to perform better than them. And if not for Emily, Matthew would be next to nothing.
As to you, Jason, every time Wooton appears, things turn into a Loony Tunes. Camilla's a restrained character compared to him, and he's in about every other episode. So it obviously has nothing to do with keeping her in reserve so things can "go wildly crazy." Wooton's the mos wildly crazy character there is.

Last edited by Pound Foolish on 27th March 2013, 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

"Woooooot-onnnnnnnn!"
Penny Wise

Pound Foolish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason on 27th March 2013, 2:19 pm

Pound Foolish wrote: I'm simply saying he's had a few flop episodes, unlike Camilla and Olivia, and that it's ridiculous how much the focus is on him.

"Flop episodes" as you call them can be found in Olivia's department too. Two specific episodes that I hardly ever listen to include Finish What you... and Opposite Day. And I really think it was because Olivia was the star that brought these episodes down. And another note Matthew wasn't seen in these two episodes.

The only episodes that have Matthew in it that I consider "Flop episodes"; include Game for a Mystery, Stage Fright, The Malted Milkball Falcon, and Emily the Genius. And the pattern with these being flop episodes isn't so much Matthew's role in the episode, but the plot lines. Coincidentally these also focus more on Emily. May have something to do with it, maybe not.

Just out of curiosity, what specific episodes made your "Flop" list?

Jason
Banker
Banker

Back to top Go down

Post by Shalom on 27th March 2013, 9:35 pm

Matthew is just no fun! He's so worried about looking stupid and that just makes him boring,boring and more boring.He shouldn't even be a detective with Emily.Her awesomeness is just to good for his lameness.

Shalom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason on 27th March 2013, 10:09 pm

Shalom wrote:Matthew is just no fun! He's so worried about looking stupid and that just makes him boring,boring and more boring.He shouldn't even be a detective with Emily.Her awesomeness is just to good for his lameness.

Well actually, the detective episodes so far have had weak stories, and Emily didn't really add to them that much. Matthew is the only thing that makes Stage Fright, Something Old, Something New, and maybe Game for a Mystery bearable.

Jason
Banker
Banker

Back to top Go down

Post by Pound Foolish on 28th March 2013, 1:22 am

To borrow a somewhat immature but effective and time-honored phrase...
Yeah right.

"Woooooot-onnnnnnnn!"
Penny Wise

Pound Foolish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarinda on 28th March 2013, 10:20 pm

@Jason,NO WAY!!!!!!!
Something old something new would be awesome without him!

EDIT: If you are going to say nice thing about Matthew then pleas leave because this is not the place for that

Last edited by Sko on 4th April 2013, 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed double post.)

Amarinda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason on 7th April 2013, 3:57 pm

Amarinda wrote:@Jason,NO WAY!!!!!!!
Something old something new would be awesome without him!

EDIT: If you are going to say nice thing about Matthew then pleas leave because this is not the place for that

Come on! In Something Old Something New there was very little that kept me into it... The detective story line? Most of the jokes came from Matthew. That part in itself was sort of lame. The mysteries that they get involved in are never realy that "involved". I'm only saying that Matthew and Emily compliment each other. Take Matthew away and Emily is unbearable.

P.S. I realize this is a club for Matthew haters but it makes for good conversation having an opposing force.

Jason
Banker
Banker

Back to top Go down

Post by Shalom on 7th April 2013, 4:16 pm

Matthew's jokes are lame and depressing.

He's like, "Eeeemily thiss iis stooopiid" whine,whine,whine.

Shalom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Whittifer on 7th April 2013, 4:34 pm

Seriously, how could anyone hate Matthew?! He's so lovable, like a teddy bear.

Whittifer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason on 8th April 2013, 2:47 pm

I will say they gave Matthew some debatable lines in 51&52, but aside from that I have little to no complaints about Matthew.

Jason
Banker
Banker

Back to top Go down

Post by Pound Foolish on 8th April 2013, 3:09 pm

No, the jokes came from Matthew and Emily bouncing off each other.
"Let's call him CG."
"CG?"
"Cute guy."
"I'm not calling him cute guy!"
*quotes typically inexact*
In any case, Emily just so happens not to be unbearable without Matthew. Emily RULES!

"Woooooot-onnnnnnnn!"
Penny Wise

Pound Foolish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason on 8th April 2013, 3:49 pm

Pound Foolish wrote:No, the jokes came from Matthew and Emily bouncing off each other.
"Let's call him CG."
"CG?"
"Cute guy."
"I'm not calling him cute guy!"
*quotes typically inexact*
In any case, Emily just so happens not to be unbearable without Matthew. Emily RULES!

In any case, that's how Emily works so well is having Matthew around whenever she is used. Matthew is her balance. If you take away one side o a balanced scale, the end is sunk.

Jason
Banker
Banker

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarinda on 8th April 2013, 7:17 pm

@Jason Something new something old was about Connie and Mitch really not Matthew, and if it was up to Matthew they would have stopped the mystrey and gone home to eat dinner it was.

"Three rings for the Elven-kings under the sky, Seven for the Dwarf-lords in halls of stone,
Nine for mortal men doomed to die, one for the Dark Lord on his dark throne In the land of Mordor where the Shadows lie. One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the land of Mordor where the shadow lie."
-J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings.

Amarinda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum