Most users ever online was 27 on 15th May 2013, 11:59 am
Top posting users this month

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

Odyssey Without Whit

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Odyssey Without Whit

Post by Bren on 15th February 2013, 1:39 pm

If Whit had to be written off the show, how would you react? If you wrote him off, how would you do it? Can the current Odyssey be what we've always loved without Whit? I could see Jason taking over Whit's End. There's really not any older characters that could take up that role and it be the show I've grown up with. If the parents have to start giving the advice, it'll be a lot like Down Gilead Lane, and that's just weird to me.

Spoiler:
Bren
CC Founder
CC Founder

View user profile http://www.campbellcountymb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Odyssey Without Whit

Post by Thor's Hammer on 15th February 2013, 2:22 pm

Yeah maybe they can come up with a new character and ween us away from Eugene and Mr. Whittaker.

I hates Emily

Thor's Hammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftershocker on 15th February 2013, 2:50 pm

Jason would have to be the new Mr. Whittaker. Mandy would come back and replace Connie. Eugene would just leave to Africa.

Aftershocker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Old Judge on 15th February 2013, 7:49 pm

It would have to be a new character, definitely, as none of the current characters can fill that spot. He'd have to be like Whit, but unique as well. Maybe like an older version of Mortimer in The Inspiration Station.

The Old Judge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by godisawesomeness99 on 15th February 2013, 10:38 pm

I really do not want this to happen, But Maybe, just maybe, some other character could run it

The god of angel armies, is always by my side

if you draw the sword, you will surely die by the sword
godisawesomeness99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sko on 15th February 2013, 11:06 pm

I think Whit's a pretty important part of Adventures in Odyssey, it would really hurt the series if he left. It could be done, but I doubt it could be done well.

As an author, I know that replacing main characters is really hard. I had to do it once with one of my series, because I felt my main character wasn't fit for the role. The new character didn't do well, but I feel the series benefited from the switch.

Sko
On Vacation
On Vacation

View user profile http://tech.ryanhoots.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria on 16th February 2013, 11:08 am

if whit did jason or jack could come in and take over. I would have connie married off, and Eugene busy cuz his wife had a baby

"Girl, you are beautiful! So smile! Because someone might be falling in love with it!" <3
Check out my blog, "The dreamer of dreams"!!!! Mrgreen 

Maria
Maria
Maria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bren on 16th February 2013, 1:25 pm

At this point, Jason would be the only option.

Spoiler:
Bren
CC Founder
CC Founder

View user profile http://www.campbellcountymb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thor's Hammer on 16th February 2013, 2:25 pm

Jack is pretty much a lame replacement the actor will die soon and is about as old as Mr Whitaker. Jason is too young to fill the role of Mr. Whitaker and also he isn't really like him.

I hates Emily

Thor's Hammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CreativeThinker101 on 18th February 2013, 10:01 pm

Whit is the most important character on the show, but he's not absolutely essential to AIO's survival. Jason would be a poor replacement for Whit, so yes, they would have to bring in a new character, but I think we as listeners could handle it. After all, the "Jack & Jason" period of the show is often considered the greatest era in AIO's history, and it did not include Whit.

CreativeThinker101

View user profile http://www.justanotheraioblog.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pound Foolish on 28th February 2013, 6:54 pm

I'd stop listening. Maybe permanently, maybe not. But Jason wouldn't be the best replacement for Whit as far as personality. The two simply don't line up. They're very similar, of course. Two Godly ex-agents who are always the action takers in the midst of trouble, even if that action is simply praying, something they both know the value of.
But Jason forgets prayer sometimes, and has his future all ahead of him. Whit is in the present, not the future or past. We know much of his past. But such treasures just add to who he is now. Those differences are important. Jason could go in lots of directions, and has, and will. But that's not true of Whit. Whit is Whit. That defines Whit. We know who he is. Always. And always will be. He changes somewhat, but he's more or less the man we know and love from period to period, album to album, episode to episode.
In the end then, Jack Allen would be a better replacement. He matches up with who Whit is far better. (For obvious reasons.)
However, in the end, here's what's certain if Whit ever leaves the show. (Not that'll ever happen.) We'd be pretty darn sad.

"Woooooot-onnnnnnnn!"
Penny Wise

Pound Foolish

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvin W. on 3rd March 2013, 1:51 pm

I feel like Jason has already been done. Jason is not a stand-alone character. He is very headstrong, and at times can make bad decisions. The point of having Jack on the show was kind of to contrast Jason and make up a kind of collective Mr. Whitaker. If they wrote him out of the show (which I would be all for; I really dislike the new Whit) I think it would work fine without him, for at least a while, until a better arrangement could be worked out. Well, I say this, but my plan could really only work in the old Odyssey. In the new Odyssey they have going today, they have barely any characters. There's the big three: Whit, Connie and Eugene (plus Katrina, if you count the minor appearances she's made); Wooton; The Parkers; the Jones (which don't even really count as the only Jones they mention at the moment are Barrett and Emily); Jay; and Penny. There a a few more recurring characters. Maybe that seems like a lot to some people, but it seems barely any to me. When they hit the reboot, it's as if everyone in Odyssey dropped off the face of the Earth except for these select few. I feel like if they wrote Whit out of the show, they would need to replace him with someone, but definitely not Jason or Jack. Maybe, as I said before, If Odyssey became a town again instead of ten people that live next to each other, then they would be able to go without a replacement. As it is, though, Odyssey needs a Mr. Whitaker-esque replacement.

Ghost
Marvin W.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzy on 5th March 2013, 6:58 pm

Oooh. This is a, well, unhappy thought for me. I don't personally enjoy thinking of an Odyssey without Whit. It's bad enough when Whit is just on temporary leaves, but a permanent one? *shudders*
Anyways, I don't think I'd stop listening to Adventures In Odyssey. I suppose it really depends on what Odyssey is like without him around. Although I do know one thing- I really can't see Jason taking over, though. I mean, he's a wonderful man, he's strong, caring, kind, good with children and holds many characteristics as his father- but the thing is, he's also very different from Whit. He doesn't have many of the traits he'd need to take on the Whit kind of role, you know? First off, like some of you said, he's so young. He still has that adventurous, outgoing feel about him, and while Mr. Whitaker was also like that in his youth, he is now a more settled older man, content with the life he is living. Jason isn't as much so. He needs to be out, exploring, discovering new things in life...I just don't think I'd like to see him stuck in an ice cream parlor with a bunch of kids for the rest of his life.
Maybe, maybeee I could see Jack stepping in. But its not my favorite idea.

Personally, I think they'd have to bring a whole new character to town if they were going to replace Mr. Whittaker. I just can't see anyone else taking the job.

A girl should be two things...classy & fabulous! -coco chanel
Suzy

View user profile http://instagram.com/suzylou113/#

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum