None

Most users ever online was 27 on 15th May 2013, 11:59 am
Top posting users this month

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

What are we celebating?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What are we celebating?

In some ways you would think that Christmas is just a time to spend money, we spend hundreds of dollars on this time of year. But why? Does anyone remember who's b-day it is? Jesus!!! When I was lil' i wondered why it was this way, people seemed to forget about Jesus as they shoved people trying to get in front of the line with all their Christmas gifts. Did we ever give Jesus a gift? Hey, I like getting presents, i like giving gifts away even more! That's the one thing i love to do, giving people gifts! If I could I'd give you all a Christmas gift! But we forget it's Jesus' b-day, not ours. Jesus is the reason for the season. Without Jesus where would the world be? It would be pretty bad, a really hope-less world. But that's Jesus' gift to us, he gives us hope, a new life, and a new heart. We can give him a gift back, we can use our gifts for him. People say I have a beautiful voice, [which i dont know about that, Wink] but I must use that gift for his honer and glory, so that's my gift to him. In some ways just thanking him is like a gift. It's hard to give him something when he gave us new life, it's pretty hard to beat that! Razz So we can give him our heart, and our life, so he change us to be like him. That's what Christmas is about, not the presents, or the Christmas songs, or the Christmas tree, but Jesus. And to think, the story isn't over! He did so much more then just be born! 30 something years later he died on a cross to pay our sins, and he gloriously rose again! Now that, my friends, is what Christmas about. Very Happy Just righting that gave me so much to be thankful for! haha. Alright, I must go, love you guys!!!!
Love always,
The Dreamer of Dreams <3

"Girl, you are beautiful! So smile! Because someone might be falling in love with it!" <3
Check out my blog, "The dreamer of dreams"!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Maria
Maria
Maria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

What are we celebating? :: Comments

Post on 17th December 2012, 7:28 pm by Sko

Great points. It's interesting how a religious holidays so quickly turn into secular holidays.

Christmas is relatively well-off, just think about Easter. Most people don't know how it started. Halloween is probably the biggest example of this, though.

Back to top Go down

Post on 17th December 2012, 7:54 pm by Maria

Thanks Sko! And I know what you mean, it's pretty bad,

Back to top Go down

Post on 17th December 2012, 8:05 pm by Samansa14

This is really awesome sis! Exactly. I was agreeing with like, Everything you said the entire time! Totally awesome. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post on 17th December 2012, 8:25 pm by Aftershocker

Groovy, post. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post on 18th December 2012, 12:33 am by Maria

Well thank you!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on 18th December 2012, 10:19 am by Thor's Hammer

Good post. Only the most I have in total spent or gotten for Christmas reaches well less than 100 dollars.

Back to top Go down

Post on 18th December 2012, 12:27 pm by Maria

Well, it's kinda hard for us kids to spend that much, but the parents do! haha Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on 18th December 2012, 12:35 pm by Sko

Maria wrote:Well, it's kinda hard for us kids to spend that much, but the parents do! haha Very Happy

Oh, you'd be surprised what I can do with my $2.50 a week allowance. I'm actually planning a $650 purchase this January.

(Okay, I admit, only about $50 is coming from my allowance, most of it's from work)

Back to top Go down

Post on 18th December 2012, 1:07 pm by Thor's Hammer

I only get zero dollar and zero cents. Most comes from good donation Smile and work. And work is hard to find here.

Back to top Go down

Post on 18th December 2012, 1:26 pm by underseasie

Not wanting to brag or anything..but my allowance is $32 a week..more than half goes to savings and tithe, and it's all cause I work at our family store. But great post Mary!

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum