None

Most users ever online was 27 on 15th May 2013, 11:59 am
Top posting users this month

Today’s Show
Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

Earning Trust and Running a Store

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Earning Trust and Running a Store

To start off, my random thought of the day: I was listening to Sounds Like a Mystery when I heard, in the last scene, Nick says "I hope I can win back your trust." I don't like it when people say "win back trust" To me, trust is something that must be earned back, not won back. Say you entered a contest were all you had to do was write your name on a slip of paper, and you won a Wii. You didn't earn the Wii, you won it. But if the same Wii was for sale at a store, and you worked and worked, cleaning window and mowing lawns to get the money to buy it, then you earned the Wii. You didn't win it, or else you wouldn't have had to do all that work to get it! The same thing with trust. When you brake someone's trust, you can't just write your name on a slip of paper, and get the trust back. It must be earned, through work, in being kind and truthful in whatever you do.

Alright, now on to the fun stuff: Some of you may know that I work at my family's candy store. But to those who don't, know you know I do. So I'll tell you more about it! Working at our store has really been a learning experience! When we first started running our store, I was so shy, I wouldn't even say "Merry Christmas!" to the people who came in. But as time went on, I learned I had to be friendly to people. Now I'm much more outgoing, friendly and talkative than I was before. I've learned how to laugh stuff off, I've learned to be kind to others, even if they're not kind back, and I've learned a lot about money management, business, and how to not freak out when you accidently charge someone 40 more dollars on their credit card then they really owed you. I've learned how to stock produce, how to polity tell someone that they can't take something with them, how to find the right price for something, and how to deal with cleaning a public restroom. Though there are part of running a store I don't enjoy, such as having to come out on Christmas and take down all of the Christmas decorations, but all in all, I'd rather be doing this then anything else.
~Rosy

underseasie
Elected Official
Elected Official

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Earning Trust and Running a Store :: Comments

Post on 15th December 2012, 8:04 pm by Samansa14

Awesomeness Ro! You have a lot of talent for writing and very good points! I'm glad you like it all in all! Love ya sis! *hug* Very Happy
Can't wait to read more!!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on 15th December 2012, 8:08 pm by underseasie

Aww...thanks! Glad you liked it! *hugs* I'll try to have another one up tomorrow!

Back to top Go down

Post on 17th December 2012, 5:19 pm by Pound Foolish

I would call cleaning a public restroom more of a torturously weird and horrible experience than a learning one: "I learned so much! I just cleaned some place where total strangers go to the bathroom, and I feel so much wiser!" But anyways, other than that, working in a candy store sounds amazzzzing.
*hugs Sammy, waves to Rosy*

Back to top Go down

Post on 17th December 2012, 6:16 pm by Maria

oh my word, jeremiah, really? wow........... i so wanted to hear all that....... lol Wink

Back to top Go down

Post on 18th December 2012, 1:04 am by underseasie

Pound Foolish wrote:I would call cleaning a public restroom more of a torturously weird and horrible experience than a learning one: "I learned so much! I just cleaned some place where total strangers go to the bathroom, and I feel so much wiser!" But anyways, other than that, working in a candy store sounds amazzzzing.
*hugs Sammy, waves to Rosy*
I didn't mean that cleaning it made me feel wiser, I meant that I learned to deal with it. But thanks, anyway Wink *waves*

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum