Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

Detective RPG "The Story Begins!"

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Detective RPG "The Story Begins!"

Post by Larkspur on 7th March 2012, 11:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Here we go!

Luanna squeezed her knees tighter to her chest. The room was dark, and she was watching Narnia, Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and it was at the climax. Lucy had just said, "Edmund, what did you just think of?" Luanna had watched this movie several times, but she still loved watching it. Just as the sea serpents started oozing their slimy bodies over the boat, her laptop beeped. Luanna sighed, for she did not wish to be disturbed at this time. She took hold of the control, pushed the PAUSE button, slid out of her warm comfy chair and flicked on the lights.

Luanna went over to her laptop, and read the alert, her eyes began to sparkle with anticipation. She ran to the door, and flew down the stairs.

"Guys! The Chief is on the big screen TV waiting to tell us our mission, c'mon!"

Larkspur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detective RPG "The Story Begins!"

Post by RyanCummings on 21st January 2013, 9:44 am

John drives to the ER, hoping that Hughes was okay. He had decided that it might be best to meet with Amelia before their arranged time tomorrow morning. A lot had happened, and it wouldn't help to let the trail go cold, or for Amelia to possibly forget any detail.

Walking into the ER waiting room, he spots Amelia immediately. She didn't seem to notice him though, so he decided to do what was most commonly done in this room. Wait. It seemed like Amelia was worried, and talking to her now probably wasn't the best idea.

John sat down in a chair, grabbed a magazine, and looked around. There was an old lady across the room, but there was something strange about her. He couldn't quite put his finger on it...

~~~RyanCummings, Community Relations Director for Campbell County, creator of the World Famous Odyssey podcast, writing assistant to Brock Eastman, and SUPER AIO fan.
RyanCummings
Campbell County General Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine on 21st January 2013, 6:42 pm

That lady doesn't seem to be very open for talking, Amelia thinks. Amelia leans forward in her chair, and prays for both Hughes, and the lady for several minutes. Then Amelia stands up, thinking that there isn't much point in waiting around. It could be at least an hour before the test results even come in. Plus, she still has her assignment hanging over her head. She doesn't know exactly what she'll do, but she'll think about that on the way out.

Standing up to leave, Amelia is surprised to see agent Stevens sitting in a chair, flipping through a magazine. "Stevens - what a surprise to see you. Is everything okay?" she asks quietly.

Sunshine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sko on 21st January 2013, 7:02 pm

I'm at my desk, going over a list of possible suspects for the recent crimes, generated by the local police. Using my data found earlier, I start a process of elimination.

When I'm done, I've eliminated everybody on the list. Looks like the police were wrong, and the criminal isn't on the list.

On my way to the local computer store to buy a new Chromebook, I try to come up with a plan of action.

Sko
On Vacation
On Vacation

View user profile http://tech.ryanhoots.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanCummings on 21st January 2013, 9:20 pm

John talks in a super hushed voice so nobody can hear.

"On the contrary Amelia, things are not okay, as I am sure you know. Your friend is in the ER, we have a criminal genius to capture, and on top of that, the old lady over there reminds me of someone, but I don't know who, which is nerve racking.

But I have good news. Along with the help from an agent friend of mine, I caught the bad guy posing as a paramedic. We found a .38 caliber pistol in the back of the ambulance, and it seems like this Chris guy wanted Hughes dead for some reason. Thankfully, I think you can relax. It seems that if Chris thought the dart would kill, he wouldn't have arranged for someone in an ambulance to come and kill in the first place, so you can stop worrying about Hughes.

But anyway, we caught the guy, and when he comes to (don't ask me why he is asleep) he will be put through questioning. I only hope he spills what he knows about Thompson.

But seriously, do you know who that old lady is?"

~~~RyanCummings, Community Relations Director for Campbell County, creator of the World Famous Odyssey podcast, writing assistant to Brock Eastman, and SUPER AIO fan.
RyanCummings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by underseasie on 23rd January 2013, 1:32 am

Back at Jennifer's house, the girl sat silently while Jennifer paced back and forth, waiting for the girl to talk. Finally, she said, "If you don't say something soon, I'm going to have to take you down the the station." The girl blink a few times, then sighed.
"My name is Aria, I'm 17, and I work at a candy store. My family has really been struggling, and my job at the candy store wasn't bringing in enough money. My family needs new clothes, the house is falling apart, and we have more bills then we know what to do with. So when a guy came into our store the other day, and asked me if I would help him out with a game that he was playing with some friends, then told me that if I succeeded, then he'd pay me $200, then I agreed. So, he explained the game to me, and told me all I needed to do was follow you around and listen in on your conversations. Then, just as I was about to go home, I tripped, and now I'm here."
"A game? Didn't that seem a little odd to you, saying it was some sort of super complicated game?" asked Jennifer.
"He was going to give me $200. I wouldn't have cared if he wanted me to go to the zoo and paint a porcupine purple. My family needed that money, and now I'll probably never get it." At this, Aria began to softly cry. "You don't know how badly we need it.."

Last edited by underseasie on 23rd January 2013, 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

underseasie
Elected Official
Elected Official

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanCummings on 23rd January 2013, 10:33 am

"I still have no idea who that old lady is, or why she bothers me..."

Amelia says, "It's probably nothing"

John looks at Amelia sternly, "Amelia, I want to warn you of something. You are in the dangerous business of catching criminals, and this criminal we are after is no fool. I have come up against him once, and the consequences were tremendous. We can't afford to overlook a single detail. Don't just go by what you see. You have to think of the criminal's point of view, as well as your own, and that of your agent friends.

For example, my point of view is that Chris robbed 5 different stores tonight, injured your friend, and you are another agent who is tracking him because of the robberies, but not because you know his past. But because you are involved with this case, I need your help, which is part of the reason I am at the hospital, along with my concern for your friend.

From your point of view, Thompson is some mastermind robber, and I am another agent who showed up out of nowhere, whom you probably shouldn't trust. And for some reason, I think everyone is bad, including the old lady over there. Plus, it is quite strange to you that I am here at this time."

Amelia looks at John, "Well, yeah kinda."

"And as for the criminal's point of view, we know he is a mastermind, meaning he has probably thought through our every move like a chess game. Which is why he had an accomplice try to nab your friend in the ambulance. He KNEW you were going to try to call an ambulance."

Amelia says, "But you stopped him! You saved Hughes from most likely getting shot in that ambulance! You outsmarted Thompson."

"Yeah, but here is the thing. NEVER think that you outsmarted the villain. That leads to carelessness. For example, the one time I ran into Chris, I thought I had outsmarted him. I chased him into an abandoned factory, I had the place surrounded, no escape. However, it was me who had no escape. Chris had planned the factory as his getaway, and knew the ins and outs of the place, including one "out" that I didn't know of. Thompson managed to injure me badly. That all happened a month ago. I was THIS close to catching him, and I thought I had won, but I didn't, and now Chris has gotten away."

"Oh, so that's why you kind of have to think like the enemy. Always anticipate their moves."

"Exactly. Which is why I anticipated that he would try to nab Hughes in the ambulance. I got lucky that time. But think about it, I am not that great. There are probably a bunch of things I have NOT anticipated. For example, if I was the bad guy, and I found out that an agent who had pursued me a month ago was all of the sudden in town, and I know that that agent knows who I am, and knows all about the ambulance trick, I might deduct that this Stevens guy would go to make sure the hurt agent is okay. Chris would know I am at the hospital,making a total of three agents in the same building, and THOSE AGENTS MIGHT ACCIDENTALLY REVEAL INFORMATION ABOUT THEMSELVES!"

"Why are you shouting Stevens?!? You want someone to hear you?"

"Oh, somebody has been hearing me for the past 5 minutes. See, the thing about old ladies is that they usually have hearing aids. And this old lady has been using a very high tech hearing aid for the past 5 minutes. see the earpiece in her ear?

"WHY deary! You think I would do that?!? I am just a poor old lady, waiting for the end of my husband's surgery!"

"Oh no, you are not a little old lady. Because there is a small detail that I overlooked, but I just now realized about old ladies. The thing about them is this. They usually don't wear men's sneakers!"

Amelia looks down to see sneakers on the old lady that don't fit the rest of the old lady. "Who is she really?!? Is it Thompson?"

"Oh, of course not. He isn't that stupid. He wouldn't come to the hospital himself. Of course, he knows that I know that, so he could probably come anyway, and just make yet another brilliant getaway. Which is why I have to do this!" John rips off the face mask on the person, revealing a young man, about age 21, with black hair and Hazel eyes.

"Is that Thompson, John?"

"no no, this is his friend, Jack Barnes. Long time no see Barney."

"I asked you not to call me that."

"Tell you what? I will not call you that if you do something for me."

The criminal looks at the agent angrily, "And what might that be?"

"Come with me to jail."

RyanCummings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine on 24th January 2013, 2:40 pm

OOC: Ryan... could we please not play for each other's characters? It's just that, some of the things you had my character do was uncharacteristic of her. Even though she may very well have been thinking those things, she's not one to speak her thought normally... if you know what I mean...? :/

IC: Amelia waits until they get to the police station to say much of anything to Stevens. Even though he just arrested Barnes, Amelia didn't want to let Barnes hear anything. If no evidence was found against him, they would have to release him soon, which meant he could find a way to contact the Thompson.

Once at the police station, and out of hearing distance from Barnes (assuming they have taken the hearing aid off of Barnes Wink ), Amelia says in a low, steady voice, "Look, Stevens - as you can tell, I'm not the most experience agent. In fact, that is the whole reason I was working with Hughes in the first place - to gain experience. I'm obviously not the right person to be working on this case. However, I can't just leave you to work on the case by yourself. It would be wrong to do so, and, although I don't know that I'll be of much help to you, I'll offer you whatever I can give. Assuming that you are right about Hughes..." her cellphone rings and cuts her off. "Excuse me a moment," she says, stepping aside to answer her phone. "Yes ma'm. ... Yes, ... thanks," she hangs up a minute later, and goes back to Stevens. "Knowing that you are right about Hughes -" she can't help but smile a little, "I guarantee you that Hughes will be ready and able before the doctor even has time to object. He has lots of experience, and will be able to help you much more than I. However," she pauses, "This is assuming that Hughes is willing to work with you. He's always careful when it comes to working with others, plus, he does better when he's in charge of investication, etc." she waits for Stevens' response.

Sunshine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanCummings on 24th January 2013, 5:50 pm

"Until Hughes is out of the hospital, I want to continue working with you. I trust you, and I know you will be a huge help. When did the doctor say he would be out of the hospital?

Now, since we are together, and not in mortal danger or anything, since it is dinner time, how about we go grab something to eat, and tell each other what we know about Thompson?"

RyanCummings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GJoy on 25th January 2013, 10:23 am

Jennifer's face softened slightly and she leaned in to Aria.
"You won't be going to the station, Aria. It's not a total crime. You could get minor charges, or be sued, if the person so chooses, but I won't."
Jennifer straightened, and became serious again. "Have you reported anything you've said to that guy, and could you draw him, or give me a description? I promise if you help me track down this guy, I'll pay you for it. Not a whole lot, but I'm sure the police station could wrestle up some for you being an asset to the case." Jennifer smiled, a rare thing for her, unless she was being sarcastic.

GJoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanCummings on 30th January 2013, 11:14 am

At a restaurant around the corner from the police station, John and Amelia sit down to talk about the case, and eat delicious strudel. (AIO reference, sorry. I couldn't resist)

"I am glad we caught that guy when we did! We have been tracking him for a long time, and have enough evidence to convict. He will be put away for a long time. So, tell me what you know so far about Thompson."

RyanCummings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thor's Hammer on 30th January 2013, 12:13 pm

Blitz had been watching the police station. Something was brewing. No one drives an ambulance to a police station. He saw the two people head over to the restaurant, time for some investigation. He placed a sub-machine gun in his jacket and placed a already cocked pistol in his belt just in case.
Blitz walked into the restaurant. He was not so important of a criminal for normal police to know but still. He sat in a booth near them to listen in.

I hates Emily

Thor's Hammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanCummings on 30th January 2013, 2:59 pm

Make sure to talk in hushed tones Amelia. That gentleman that just sat down might hear you otherwise.

RyanCummings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thor's Hammer on 30th January 2013, 3:03 pm

Honestly, hushed tones so original. Blitz turned on the sound amplifier in his belt. Tut, Tut, Tut, the ordinary police officer.

I hates Emily

Thor's Hammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine on 30th January 2013, 3:58 pm

Amelia's back is to Blitz. She glances at his reflection in the window. Slightly suspicious, and at this point, Amelia can't risk being heard. Even with the little she knew, that could mean that Thompson's next move is played off of knowing how much they do or don't know. Amelia glances behind her, obviously uncomfortable.

"I think he's listening to us!" she says in a loud "hushed" voice. She giggled. "You'd think a guy like that would have a girl friend." She catches Steven's eye to let him know that she's faking it. She figures that she looks young enough to be in college.
Amelia shifts conversation, "I just can't believe how much work Professor King gives us!" She pulls out some paper from her messenger bag. "Oh well, at least you're here to correct my terrible grammar before I turn it in. He'll never know, anyhow."
She begins to write on the paper:

Scientists believe that man evolved from animals over a time period of millions of years.
I don't know much at all - that's the problem. Only a 3 hundred dollars was stollen rom the bank. He was rather disturbed about that. The bankers say he wore a black. His hair was
Some believe that we evolved from apes, while other believe that we evolved from sea
"decently short" and most likely brown. At Ron's Jewelry, a rare ruby was stolen. The only evidence was a Chromebook manual left in the alley. Glass cutter is what was used - we think.
squirts. Although there is no way to know for certain, scientists feel that they have
2 webcams and 3 USB backups were taken from Wiley's Electronics. We were about to investigate that when He got knocked out by a dart. That's when a burglar alarm went off down the
enough evidence to prove that we have indeed evolved. I believe that we evolved from
street - and then shut off. I had just called the ambulance when the street lights went off. Just then a saw a few more darts, and another burglar alarm went off - I think. That last part
apes, because of the evidence at hand. --
was rather a blur. The chromebook manual is in my bag, ready as evidence.

Amelia stops writing, and presses her hand up onto her forehead. "Ugh, I can't keep writing!" she acts a bit dramatic with her headache, as if she were doing it just for her "boyfriend." "Here, you know about this, you write some! - I'll be typing it up later anyway, he'll never know." Amelia puts an overwhelmed, exasperated look on her face as she carefully slides the pen and paper over to him. She makes sure to hold onto the paper tightly, until Stevens gets a firm grip on it. She doesn't want anyone snatching it off of the table and running off.

Sunshine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thor's Hammer on 30th January 2013, 4:05 pm

Shoot, how could they switch to writing. Contingency plan. He stood up with his coffee in hand and walked past the table. He purposely tripped and fell coffee spilling all over. As he stood, he snapped a pic of the paper with a small camera. Try to out smart me, my eye.

I hates Emily

Thor's Hammer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanCummings on 30th January 2013, 5:28 pm

John notices the camera, and covers the paper just in time, but does it casually, so the man doesn't know. He begins writing on the paper. "Okay, here is my addition to your paper."

OOC: (I couldn't figure out the text code, so I am writing in caps, then no caps.)

IC: THERE IS SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE SUGGESTING THAT THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION IS FALSE.

Strange. A Chrome Macbook manual? I would like to see it. I didn't think that Thompson needed a macbook. He prefers stealing Apple products! Maybe a way to cover is tracks?

FOR EXAMPLE, EVOLUTION STATES THAT THE EARTH HAS BEEN AROUND FOR MILLIONS OF YEARS.
Anyway, here is what I know of Thompson. As a young kid, he had some problems. Didn't like school, was kind of a bully when he went to school, and when he was 16, he got interested in computer electronics.

HOWEVER, WITH THAT MUCH TIME OF THE EARTH BEING AROUND, MANY THINGS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED.

He seemed to have turned it around in school, and was top of the computer class, and could do really awesome stuff with any piece of software, or so his teacher told us.

FOR EXAMPLE, A SPECIFIC AMOUNT OF SALT DEPOSIT GOES INTO THE SEA EVERY YEAR.

Then, sometime when he became a grown up, he just decided he wanted a life of crime. No motivation, no nothing. Just that a life of crime suited him. He has used his computer mastery to get away from us a lot, so we have had to use minimal technology to try finding him.

IF THE WORLD HAD BEEN AROUND FOR MILLIONS OF YEARS, THE SEA WOULD BE FILLED WITH SALT TO THE POINT THAT WE COULD STAND ON IT.

RyanCummings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine on 30th January 2013, 7:00 pm

OOC:
Spoiler:
Here are the codes I used:
Code:
[b][/b]
[i][/i]
[color=darkblue+][/color]
[size=6+][/size]

(Take out the plus signs in the last two. I couldn't get them to show up without them.)

IC: "Oh my word!" she exclaims as the man spills his coffee, "I'm so sorry! Seriously, are you okay, sir?" Now she's mainly acting for the other people in the restaurant, simply not to gain suspicion.

Once Stevens slides the paper back over, she quickly reads over the small print first, and then exclaims after reading the larger print, "Great! I'll just change a few things to personalize it."

This is obviously a job for more than two people. I'll see about getting him asap to help.
For example, evolution states that the earth has been around for millions of years.
Anyway, here is what I know of Thompson. As a young kid, he had some problems. Didn't like school, was kind of a bully when he went to school, and when he was 16, he got interested in computer electronics.

I'm interested to know what that private d. knows about it. I still have her card. Maybe we could arrange to meet sometime.
However, with that much time of the earth being around, many things would have happened.

Amelia then proceeds to crossing out any names and facts written in small print, until they can absolutely not be seen. Although she's not going to throw the paper away just anywhere, she wants to blot out the important info just in case it somehow got somewhere it shouldn't.

Then she passes the paper back with her added notes (written in blue). "How should I word this part?" she asks, circling a random part of a sentence.

Sunshine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum