Powered by The Odyssey Scoop.

Detective RPG "The Story Begins!"

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Detective RPG "The Story Begins!"

Post by Larkspur on 7th March 2012, 11:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Here we go!

Luanna squeezed her knees tighter to her chest. The room was dark, and she was watching Narnia, Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and it was at the climax. Lucy had just said, "Edmund, what did you just think of?" Luanna had watched this movie several times, but she still loved watching it. Just as the sea serpents started oozing their slimy bodies over the boat, her laptop beeped. Luanna sighed, for she did not wish to be disturbed at this time. She took hold of the control, pushed the PAUSE button, slid out of her warm comfy chair and flicked on the lights.

Luanna went over to her laptop, and read the alert, her eyes began to sparkle with anticipation. She ran to the door, and flew down the stairs.

"Guys! The Chief is on the big screen TV waiting to tell us our mission, c'mon!"

Larkspur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Detective RPG "The Story Begins!"

Post by RyanCummings on 7th January 2013, 10:56 pm

Suddenly, a knock out dart hits the wall mere inches next to Hughes and Amelia. 2 more hit nearby, and another is in midair, going straight for Hughes!

~~~RyanCummings, Community Relations Director for Campbell County, creator of the World Famous Odyssey podcast, writing assistant to Brock Eastman, and SUPER AIO fan.
RyanCummings
Campbell County General Manager

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine on 8th January 2013, 3:11 pm

Amelia sees it, but not in time to warn him. Hughes gets knocked out.

From the direction that the darts came in, Amelia guesses that they came from the alley just a few yards away. She presses herself against the front wall of the florist shop, her hand on her gun. Okay... now what do I do? she thinks in panick, What would Hughes do?

Sunshine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanCummings on 8th January 2013, 9:52 pm

A crash of glass and the sound of a burglar alarm sounds down the street. a shadow is inside the store, and after 15 seconds, the alarm shuts off.

~~~RyanCummings, Community Relations Director for Campbell County, creator of the World Famous Odyssey podcast, writing assistant to Brock Eastman, and SUPER AIO fan.
RyanCummings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine on 10th January 2013, 5:39 pm

Amelia pulls out herself phone to call detective headquarters.
"This is agent 98. I need backup at 105th Ave. and Martin," she says as she reaches down to check Hughes' pulse. "Hughes has been knocked out by some sort of dart - I'll make sure he gets proper care to see that no poison has been injected. Things aren't looking good as far as this thief goes. I'll see about checking out further places once Hughes gets proper care."

After that she calls in ambulance and waits on the sidewalk with Hughes. She gets more than a few stares from people as they walk by.

Sunshine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanCummings on 11th January 2013, 9:58 am

Suddenly, all street lamps and store lights go out.

RyanCummings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine on 12th January 2013, 11:49 pm

Amelia is stunned. What kind of mastermind are they dealing with??

Sunshine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanCummings on 13th January 2013, 10:31 am

3 darts hit the wall right next to Amelia. One hits a lamp post no more than 1 foot away from her! Meanwhile, the sound of an alarm going off for 6 seconds, then silencing again, can be heard around the corner...

RyanCummings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GJoy on 18th January 2013, 12:35 pm

Jennifer texts on her phone, and shoves it inside her purse. Whoever was doing this was a nutcase. She fished out her flashlight and shone the beam around. A woman was standing on the sidewalk, and someone in a mask was shooting her with darts. Lame. She fished out her gun, and held it to her side, Jennifer would have to wait to take action.

GJoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanCummings on 18th January 2013, 2:11 pm

Suddenly, all the street lamps come on, SUPER bright, causing everyone to shield their eyes. When the lamps return to normal, Chris is gone, as are the valuables of almost 6 different shops on that town square.

RyanCummings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sko on 18th January 2013, 2:37 pm

The electricity overcharge fires my new Chromebook.

That's the second one I've had to replace this week!

I get in my car, and head to the electricity office. After a few hours of work, I know that it's connected to the many recent robberies. I'm about to dust for fingerprints when I hear people coming, probably other agents. I leave in a hurry, but my Chromebook manual falls out of my pocket as I run.

Sko
On Vacation
On Vacation

View user profile http://tech.ryanhoots.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GJoy on 18th January 2013, 2:45 pm

The lights go back in, and Jennifer sighs. She immediately headed over to the woman who had been assaulted with darts. "Are you okay, miss? Detective Jennifer Orland at your service." Jennifer put on a smile.

GJoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine on 18th January 2013, 3:19 pm

Once the street lights go back to normal, confusion breaks out everywhere. Amelia manages to crouch down and pick up one of the darts.
"Are you okay miss?" she hears from behind her.
Turning around, she sees a woman with straight black hair, and almond eyes.
"Detective Jennifer Orland at your service," the woman says.
Even among the dark circumstances, Amelia can't help but feel a little lighter by Jennifer's friendliness.
Returning a smile, Amelia replies, "I'm fine - protected by the shadow of God's hand," as she remembers Isaiah 51:16. "I'm pleased to meet you, Detective Orland, although I wish it were under better circumstances. I'm Detective Amelia Palmer," she extends her hand for a shake. "It seems more than a coincidence that you come across my path about now," she says, silently thanking God for His perfect timing, "I'm rather at loss about what all has happened today. I've gathered a few clues, but..." she wistfully pushes aside her wish that Hughes was here, "I can't seem to make any sense of them before something else happens."

She has a tiny hope that possibly this detective might be able to help her. Normally, she knew she shouldn't immediately trust strangers like this, but what harm could it do at this point? She's certainly not accomplishing anything by herself.

Sunshine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GJoy on 18th January 2013, 3:26 pm

Jennifer practically laughs at Amelia's statements on the inside, but smiles politely on the outside. "Pleased to meet you. Do you have somewhere where we can talk? I'm fairly new to the area." Jennifer gestures to where they're standing, on the sidewalk.

GJoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine on 18th January 2013, 7:34 pm

Fairly new to this area. Amelia conscience told her that Hughes would not agree with this, but Amelia pressed on, "There's a large coffee shop just down the street," she points to where the coffee shop sign is nearly hidden by the new Pizzeria that went in right beside it, "There's some slightly secluded tables in there where we can talk."

Sunshine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanCummings on 18th January 2013, 8:24 pm

A middle aged man named John Stevens walks up to Amelia and Jennifer. (I am playing a second character, since the bad guy will sometimes be in hiding)

"Pardon me, but I couldn't help hearing you both using my spy equipment. I was observing Thompson, trying to pick up clues through audio and my binoculars. I had hoped he would contact any accomplices he might have, or say where he is going, but he didn't and I lost him with that light trick he used. Anyway, my stuff heard you guys as well.

You should be more careful. You'll blow your cover announcing your agent-ry to everyone. But anyway, that isn't the point. I am special agent Stevens, and I am tracking Thompson, as you are. But I assure you, this goes deeper than just a few robberies as stunts. He is planning something, and I need your help to catch him before his plan goes into action.

I will contact you later, but for now, you need to pay attention to the ambulance coming to take Hughes. The driver is not a Paramedic. He is a friend of Thompson. You need to think before you do anything! Don't let Thompson trap you by mere logic. Be unpredictable like he is. If I wasn't, I would be dead.

RyanCummings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sko on 18th January 2013, 8:30 pm

I'm currently driving down the road, listening to One Direction music. A particularly catchy part of the song "One Thing" plays, and I loose control of my car, which crashes into the ambulance.

Thankfully, I make a clean getaway. However, the box my third Chromebook came in is still in the car, and I can't risk going back for it. It's probably too damaged to use now, anyways.

Looks like I'm buying another one.

Sko
On Vacation
On Vacation

View user profile http://tech.ryanhoots.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GJoy on 18th January 2013, 8:50 pm

Jennifer burst out laughing. This was ridiculous. "Sure, I'll do that." Jennifer sombered up though. Things could get crazy....."Come on. We need to go over the facts. The coffee shop is right across from here, so we can watch when the ambulance comes.

GJoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanCummings on 18th January 2013, 10:32 pm

NO! You can't just ignore my advice! He is dangerous! *John sombers up as well though, because there are people on the street.* "I am warning you, if you don't watch out, you or your friends, or the world will pay for it. We need to catch this guy. Now, can I come into the coffee shop with you and see what you know about this guy?"

RyanCummings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GJoy on 18th January 2013, 10:58 pm

Jennifer nodded, but looked uneasy. "I don't know, sir.....You understand, I'm sure." Jennifer turned to Amelia for help.

GJoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanCummings on 18th January 2013, 11:01 pm

"Look, if you need proof that I am not some crazy, here is my badge, and here is my drivers license. See, John Stevens, and my rank is on my badge. I basically work for the FBI to track down, well, we call them super villains. They don't have super powers, but they are good at what they do. It is my job to do better. If you want more proof, here are my papers from headquarters, telling me that he was currently in this area, and a list of the detectives I should contact for assistance."

RyanCummings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by underseasie on 19th January 2013, 5:05 pm

A small shadow lurks in the dark alley next to the coffee shop. It slowly moves toward the three people standing in front of the shop. Hmm...I'd better see if I can get close enough to hear them. She crept nearer and near until, BAM!! she tripped over a soda can and into a dumpster. Oh, no. I've got to get out of here! She jumped up and began to run.

underseasie
Elected Official
Elected Official

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine on 19th January 2013, 7:23 pm

Amelia lunges towards the running figure and grabs a hold of her as they both drop to the ground. Scrambling back on her feet, she keeps a firm grip on her arm. *Bam* Everyone looks over to a car has rammed into the side of an ambulance.

Amelia talks quickly, "Okay, listen - I've seen enough things happen today to back up what you said, Stevens. I don't know what that guy's got planned, but it seems to be something more than just grabbing 10 k and stealing away to live the life of his dreams. It would be most helpful to talk with you both about this, but right now, I need to get this agent," she gestures to Hughes who is still unconscious, "to the hospital. For all I know he could have poisoning in his system."

Sunshine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GJoy on 19th January 2013, 8:39 pm

Jennifer took the girl from Amelia, and held her firmly. "Got it, Ms. Amelia." Jennifer slid a thin gold card to Amelia. "Call me. I'll take her in my car, and see if she wants to talk. " Keeping watch on the girl, she flicked out another gold card and handed it to John. "You too. Good luck, hopefully we'll be able to meet." Jennifer walked away, holding on to the slippery girl. "Will you come quietly to my house for questioning, or would you rather go to the police station?" Jennifer's face is stone cold.

GJoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanCummings on 19th January 2013, 10:05 pm

"Thanks for your cooperation you two. Amelia, help me get Hughes into my car. You will drive him to the hospital. I am going to take care of this Ambulance situation over here, and see if my theory about the ambulance driver is correct. You can drop off my car tomorrow."

John helps carry Hughes to his car. "Amelia, after you take care of Hughes, meet me at the Chinese restaurant on Main Street and 5th at 10 AM tomorrow. We will compare notes there, and swap our cars back. I hope your friend will be okay. God speed.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have the (sarcasm) lovely job of catching an accomplice of Thompson, sorting out a car crash, and sorting things out with the local police, all while not blowing my cover."

John walks over to the ambulance. "Whoa! What happened! Are you guys all right? I hope nobody sick was in that ambulance while it crashed!!!! Someone help me get this door open! And call 911....oh wait. This IS 911. Dude, yeah, you the driver. Are you all right? It doesn't look like much of a dent in your car.The guy you crashed into is hurt though. Help me get him into the ambulance, we will take him to the hospital."

The ambulance driver looks shaken, but gets out and does his job. "Is this the guy we were called about?"

"Oh no, this is the guy who crashed into you. Don't you remember?"

The ambulance driver looks dumbfounded and says, "Uh, but we have to get to the person who we were called to help. Some sort of poison problem."

John yells at the paramedic/ possible suspect, "Look, this guy is hurt worse then some poison, and he needs you. Now pick up this stretcher, and put him in the back!"

Afterwards, the ambulance gets in the drivers seat. John says, "Are you okay? Are you sure you should be driving in your shocked condition? Maybe you should take THIS!" John found evidence in the back of the ambulance that this in fact, WAS the imposter, and he also found a gun in the back. He sticks a shot into the imposter.

"Hey! I don't need no shot! What was that you gave me?"

"You'll find out." The paramedic collapses unconscious in the drivers seat, and the guy on the stretcher sits up and says, "This was a great idea John! We caught the bad guy, and nobody got hurt! I mean, except my car..."

John smiles as he moves the unconscious criminal to the stretcher, and the other agent moves to the front seat. "My friend, we may have caught the criminal, but the mastermind behind it is still to be found. Can you drive this ambulance to the nearby police station and drop off our suspect for questioning? I have somewhere else I need to go. I will take the dented car and put it in the shop when I am done going where I need to go."

"Sure, but where are you going?"

"To make sure a friend of a friend is alright."

RyanCummings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine on 21st January 2013, 12:05 am

Amelia puts the gold card deep in her pocket to read later. After they get Hughes in the car, Amelia gratefully thanks Stevens for the use of his car. She quickly climbs in and shuts the door. "You never fail to provide, Lord. Thank You," she says turning the key in the ignition.

At the ER, Amelia manages to get Hughes in fairly quickly, thanks to her detective papers. After Hughes goes in for testing, Amelia goes to the waiting room. Sitting down somewhat stiffly in a chair, Amelia simply can't believe what all had happened in the past hour. After several minutes of just thinking, she realizes that she is not making the best use of her time here.

Should she look over her notes, or maybe contact one of the other agents? Amelia didn't know where to start. She glanced across the room to where another older woman was sitting by herself alone. Maybe I could say something to her... Amelia toys with the idea in her mind.

Sunshine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum